Search found 62 matches

by mctronic
Jun 14 2006, 12:32
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Best and Worse hero for each race?
Replies: 32
Views: 9159

I think Sinitar will be the next Solmyr from H3 (multiplayer - MSN Zone). Everyone will create games with "No Sinitar". Empowered spells at low costs is great indeed. Personnally I think he's the best.
by mctronic
Jun 14 2006, 3:07
Topic: Bugs in HV...
Replies: 196
Views: 50786

Quote from buglist 1) Irresistible magic affects your own units. 2) Empowered spells are not affected by the Warlocks' Luck ability. Is 1) really a bug ? I mean it would make sence to have the skill affect both sides. Plus, if you look at the description, it is not specific. It does not say if affec...
by mctronic
Jun 12 2006, 3:55
Topic: Best and Worse hero for each race?
Replies: 32
Views: 9159

I think Dougal the knight is the best since it's easy and low cost to train peasants to archers. In a week you get like a 70+ archers. Not too shabby.
by mctronic
Jun 11 2006, 6:04
Topic: Hero's attack
Replies: 9
Views: 2382

Shouln't it be better ? I mean melee heroes should do much better damage in my opinion. If caster heroes can get to 1K of damage with spells why not melee heroes get something good has well like 500 damage. Anyways in heroes 5, there should of been a primary skill call damage for the hero that would...
by mctronic
Jun 10 2006, 18:18
Topic: Hero's attack
Views: 2382

Hero's attack

How is the hero's attack calculated ?
Most of the time, you can do more damage on high level monsters but not the same damage (lower damage) on low level monsters.

thx
by mctronic
Jun 10 2006, 18:14
Topic: Heroes with "bonuses to creature" speciality
Replies: 1
Views: 906

Heroes with "bonuses to creature" speciality

How does it work? Let's say you have the following hero: Dougal - LV.10 Knight - Archer Commander ATK = 10 DEF = 10 PWR = 3 KNW= 3 Archer Commander = "All Archers and Marksmen in hero's army gain +1 to their offence and defense for every two levels of the hero, starting on first level." Does the arc...
by mctronic
Jun 2 2006, 3:57
Forum: News
Topic: A Patch Early Next Week?
Replies: 26
Views: 4224

A Patch Early Next Week?

I think they should take as long as it needs to make this patch bug-free and it shouldn't be rushed.
by mctronic
Jun 1 2006, 0:16
Forum: News
Topic: More Eights, and a Beating
Replies: 19
Views: 3246

More Eights, and a Beating

To be honest, 1UP's review wasn't off the mark. Like they said. AI isn't very good on multiplayer match and the game crashes when you play online and those are major flaws. I think they've evaluated the game has it is and not how it can be when patches fix most problems (I hope)..
by mctronic
May 29 2006, 4:07
Topic: damage calculations etc.
Replies: 57
Views: 9974

When a hero attacks, how is it calculated ?
by mctronic
May 29 2006, 3:41
Topic: Strongest Faction?
Replies: 22
Views: 5020

I think people are underestimating training. If you get the knight that specialize in archers and you train all you peasants to marksman you can do pretty good.
by mctronic
May 26 2006, 12:25
Topic: Best heroes so far ?
Replies: 19
Views: 4446

Too be honest, I think it was H2 the best. But I do consider H4 to be the most innovative of the HOMM series. Because imagine if 3DO made a good AI and fixed the balance ? It would of been a new standard for HOMM to come
by mctronic
May 23 2006, 6:09
Topic: Campaign 4 (the Ranger). Mission 3 (the Defence) - BUG
Replies: 12
Views: 3289

I managed to bypass the bug with the following actions: 1 - Make the garrison before rescuing the first hero 2 - Not to lose garrison objective while rescuing 2nd hero. Voila. By the way you don't have to remake the whole scenario to escape the bug. Just reload from a previously saved game (that is ...
by mctronic
May 23 2006, 4:24

I managed to get 2 heroes.... I got the bug too :(
by mctronic
May 23 2006, 1:55

This scenario is hard. How do u guys do it ? The capitol is free yet I never have the time (purple player) to do the other objectives. Please help me. thx
by mctronic
May 23 2006, 1:50
Topic: Ranger campaign - the refugees
Views: 2345

Lol the 3rd scenario of this campaing is even harder
by mctronic
May 15 2006, 21:16
Topic: Content of the game
Replies: 161
Views: 70440

I'm a bit concerned with all thoses rumors and Fabrice hasn't changed my mind.

Having bought H4 really disappointed me and now thoses memories are actually comming back. For the 1st time, I'll check with Gamespot and Gamespy reviews before buying the game.
by mctronic
May 8 2006, 4:50
Topic: Heroe's V AI
Replies: 40
Views: 7097

Have you guys tried to play H5 on hard lvl ? If so, you'll realize that the AI is good has the enemy (not the one scripted) will make smarter choices such as attacking weaker heroes and so on. I've never even tried heroic has this should be like impossible to win. However, on normal, the AI doesn't ...
by mctronic
Apr 28 2006, 12:30
Topic: Ultimate Abilities
Replies: 44
Views: 9307

I don't really mind the utlimate abilities. What I do mind is the Rangers' ultimate: Good skill and a great ultimate compared to the Knight's ultimate. Just right there we have a balance issue. But it's all stats, so we'll have to play and see.
by mctronic
Apr 26 2006, 3:52
Topic: Is Sylvan Town too Strong ?
Replies: 26
Views: 6303

Is Sylvan Town too Strong ?

Hi I was just looking at Ranger skills and units of the Sylvan Town from my point of view, this town looks a bit stronger (and perhaps too strong) than other towns. What do u guys think ?
by mctronic
Apr 20 2006, 3:40
Topic: Knight's Holy Charge
Replies: 0
Views: 1046

Knight's Holy Charge

I have two questions:

1) How is the damage from the Holy Charge skill calculated ?

2) Do you guys think it's worth it to get the Knight's ultimate skill (3x dmg Holy Charge) ?

Go to advanced search