Search found 1284 matches

by Thelonious
Dec 19 2010, 10:12
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes VI pictures
Replies: 363
Views: 97157

I still don't see how that one unit could be a cyclops. meybe it's a huge troll...
by Thelonious
Dec 19 2010, 10:10
Topic: My shot at making HOMM units
Replies: 30
Views: 6996

rocs/thunderbird and pheonixes to throw out the angels would be a nice replacement for hunting falcons ;)
by Thelonious
Dec 19 2010, 10:08
Topic: 2 last towns almost official, it appears they killed titans
Replies: 96
Views: 24802

1 faction left.

We now have:

Haven (Human)
Inferno (Demon)
Necropolis (Undead - mage spin off)
Stronghold (Human/Demon mage spin off)

that leaves room for: .... :devious:
by Thelonious
Dec 19 2010, 9:54
Forum: News
Topic: Stronghold Revealed
Replies: 48
Views: 8193

I kinda like that they'll be having to kick out some important factions. Either the wizards, elves or dungeon will make it. Fresh new start for a heroes game. BTW; the other screenies showed a female centaur, I think an orge mage and something big which is passed about as a cyclops. That leaves room...
by Thelonious
Dec 14 2010, 21:45

I know, my bad... I think the whole idea of TT was that a single species town is boring. When you really look at it, basicly every unit is the same except for stats and abilities - ranged attack is an ability, so is flying. Speed, defence and attack are stats - they create fast, tanks of hard hittin...
by Thelonious
Dec 13 2010, 20:20
Topic: Who wants to see the Dwarf faction in Heroes VI?
Replies: 61
Views: 17513

Noted; yet you mention a faction which can play in about 3 styles. That means that certain players might like the 'feel' of one faction, but the style of another. Though each faction should 'feel' good, I'll give you that. And I agree that this would be a nice way to bring more diversity; though thi...
by Thelonious
Dec 13 2010, 20:13
Topic: How hard is it to look at Heroes 3 specifics for a 3D heroes
Replies: 35
Views: 8745

I don't think that making a 2 and 3D map would solve anyhting; it'd be hard to change a semi-realistic proportioned world into a non-realistic proportioned world.

I think that making objects of interest shine and making view obstructing scenery transparent is a real and reasonable solution.
by Thelonious
Dec 13 2010, 20:07

this artwork perhaps?

wonder what the last two factions will be...
by Thelonious
Dec 13 2010, 20:00

Giant difference between changing and getting some new units... Agreed, but I think you and I both agree that Heaven should change and/or get new units to give them more interesting gameplay. Just as Inferno should get more story or more diversity to be more interesting. But war machines are a bit ...
by Thelonious
Dec 10 2010, 15:46
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: The Final Five
Replies: 17
Views: 3441

Probably the one depicted on the screenie is the only human looking demon hero...

@ Kalah: hmmm I must have had my memory rambled.
by Thelonious
Dec 10 2010, 15:34
Topic: How hard is it to look at Heroes 3 specifics for a 3D heroes
Replies: 35
Views: 8745

So basicly you're saying that we should all go back to 2D just because the camera doesn't work as you'd like? Why? Why can't we just keep 3D? I don't mind using a button to see all interactable objects. Though a simpler solution would be easily distinguishable interactable objects; which basicly mea...
by Thelonious
Dec 10 2010, 8:20

Ok so warhound. What else? A feline creature - tamed lion :P Nah for real though, I don't think the heaven faction has to change; the only thing is that it should be the only faction which is race based so heavily in its units. Warmachines could be a good thing to add, yet other factions could use t...
by Thelonious
Dec 10 2010, 8:06

I'm not sure, but I would hazard a guess that it's not it, because I saw a black and white and more wolfish unit (also it was a small pic, like 100 x 100) holding a flail. There was another coloured pic aside the one I saw, and that might be this one. Perhaps it was some artwork for HoMM online? Th...
by Thelonious
Dec 10 2010, 8:05
Topic: Suggest a better name thread...
Replies: 52
Views: 10115

Well it does give them a more nun-like feel. But that doesn't change that the name is crappy...
by Thelonious
Dec 10 2010, 8:03
Topic: Who wants to see the Dwarf faction in Heroes VI?
Replies: 61
Views: 17513

I would like it to be more like the H2 lineup too, but add some alternate creatures and/or upg would just make it better if balanced properly . There's your problem ;) Thing is (I've never played HoMM II though, so I've got this only from reading these forums) that HoMM II was totally unbalanced bu...
by Thelonious
Dec 10 2010, 7:59
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: The Final Five
Replies: 17
Views: 3441

Is this an official artwork? I can remember some vague scans depicting the same scene...
by Thelonious
Dec 7 2010, 21:20

That will always elude us... the thing they wanted to change is probably putting the prefixes before the lamasu...
by Thelonious
Dec 6 2010, 13:57

Well they did note that the fans didn't like the creature names...
by Thelonious
Dec 5 2010, 22:59
Topic: Who else hates the Inferno?
Replies: 101
Views: 21013

Certainly true. Yet with the necro's they were/are able to implement some sort of background/twist as to their nature. Demons have less of this sort of 'escapes' though one could have made the Ubi demons more immersive by implementing the background of Urgash more into their drives to escape the pri...
by Thelonious
Dec 5 2010, 22:55

Metathron wrote:Why, though? To me they were a random, run of the mill unit that happened to look like a dog.

They were original :) furthermore, who doens't like man's best friend :)

Go to advanced search