Search found 254 matches

by aaelgr
Jan 29 2008, 19:25
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: sylvan bug?
Replies: 7
Views: 1592

The 'I'm coming' could be the Druids. I'm not certain what they actually say, but I can see how 'I'm coming' fits.
by aaelgr
Jan 29 2008, 17:48
Topic: sylvan bug?
Replies: 7
Views: 1592

Only certain units make noises in my version. The Dragons, Unicorns and Druids. Arcane Archers are funny. They go 'Yee Ha!'. Who goes 'I'm coming!'? They all make the animations, and it's possible that the Treants make a sound (I'm not too sure at time of typing) but except for the Arcane Archer, no...
by aaelgr
Jan 29 2008, 1:09
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Starcraft 2!
Replies: 588
Views: 85013

People on the official forum are b*tching coz the tank's cannon doesn't have a snazzy name line in #1 (Arclite) and want the entire unit scrapped coz of that... i luv za internets... Please tell me you're joking. People can't seriously be annoyed because the newer seige tank doesn't have the same t...
by aaelgr
Jan 26 2008, 17:38
Forum: Articles
Topic:
Replies: 56
Views: 19822

Tribes of the East → Will of Asha → Heart of Dar

Have you visited the ghost? You have to see him on the bridge with the blocked garrison before anything will happen.
by aaelgr
Jan 25 2008, 23:23
Topic: spectral dragon
Replies: 6
Views: 1624

The effect will only really become apparent if the morale for the unit is -1 in red. It's not that great a special really, given that if all of the units are of the same town and the hero is as well they have +2. Banshee Howl can help make it a little better.
by aaelgr
Jan 24 2008, 11:08
Topic: Divine guidance?
Replies: 3
Views: 2109

The Skill Wheel is now only for Tribes of the East. I think there are links somewhere to the older versions for Heroes V and Hammers of Fate. In HV and HOF, Divine Guidance only requires Leadership and Retaliation Strike. If you get Benediction then you can get Aura of Swiftness after Divine Guidanc...
by aaelgr
Jan 19 2008, 22:52
Forum: Articles
Topic:
Replies: 56
Views: 19822

Tribes of the East → Will of Asha → Heart of Dar

You should be able to get 3 Necromancers from the Tavern. You have to sacrifice Ornella to make the 4 (just don't forget to give Arantir her artifacts like I did).
by aaelgr
Jan 19 2008, 10:32
Topic: Necropolis creature choices
Replies: 13
Views: 9241

I think that Necropolis is now of the strongest towns in Heroes. With the new upgrades added on they can be a real pain to fight against (but also great to fight as). Despite the (in my opinion ridiculous) stats of the Skeleton Warrior, I always go for the Archer. I know from pre-Dark Energy how pow...
by aaelgr
Jan 19 2008, 10:10
Topic: TotE Campaign Help - Will of Asha
Replies: 1
Views: 725

To parlay with the Orc Chief you have to first attack the Haven town in the top left corner. You get a cutscene afterwards where Arantir talks to Kujin.
by aaelgr
Jan 18 2008, 10:40
Topic: Heroes VI Wishlist And Engine Poll
Replies: 75
Views: 12140

I think it would be good if they gave the Barbarians more shouts. Fortess has 10(?) Runes in addition to the spells in their guild, whilst there are only 6(?) Shouts. Surely if they're going to compete with magic-using factions they should have more than this? Some form of Cleansing would be great.
by aaelgr
Jan 18 2008, 1:19
Topic: Haven creature choices
Replies: 29
Views: 12170

They only have better health, actually. This alternative upgrade really needs some work to be able to compete with the Battle Griffins. I don't know where I got the idea that Battle Griffins had better stats, but I think we agree that the Imperial one is better. (You do mean Imperial instead of Bat...
by aaelgr
Jan 18 2008, 1:05
Forum: News
Topic: Sharper Texture Mod
Replies: 14
Views: 9579

Sharper Texture Mod

Wow. As they say, it's the little things that count.
Thanks fiur and PriZmatic.
by aaelgr
Jan 17 2008, 23:51

Sharper Texture Mod

I've put the folders into UserMODs, but nothing seems to have changed. I played as Fortress and the Flame Lord isn't ginger! Am I supposed to take the separate files out of the folders? They're called _(Model), Characters and Textures.
by aaelgr
Jan 17 2008, 17:31

Sharper Texture Mod

I've downloaded the file but where do I put it?
by aaelgr
Jan 16 2008, 14:18
Topic: Haven creature choices
Replies: 29
Views: 12170

Haven is one of the towns where (in most cases) you really do have to think about what upgrade you want to get. I used to always upgrade the Peasants into Brutes but recently I've found that Bash happens more often than Assault (plus No Retaliation is better than a double attack). Crossbowmen are gr...
by aaelgr
Jan 15 2008, 8:00
Topic: Nature's Luck
Replies: 2
Views: 988

Every attack done by your units will be a lucky one. Seeing as Elven Luck is one of the skills you need, the damage done by your army is phenomenal!
by aaelgr
Jan 12 2008, 18:01
Topic: Academy creature choices
Replies: 18
Views: 10051

I often go for the Saboteurs for the better stats. If you could use Repair more than once then Masters would possibly be preferable (using Sabotage continually on a neutral stack of Golems is fun!). I always use Obsidian Gargoyles, as the Immunities it has are much more useful than having a small nu...
by aaelgr
Jan 9 2008, 19:07
Topic: Stronghold creature choices
Replies: 15
Views: 10741

I always start with Goblin Trappers, and unless I've got lots of money later on with which to change them into Witchdoctors I usually leave them that way. As an aside, does anyone go for Goblin Support and Defend Us All? They can be a real boost to a usually considerable Goblin stack. I've always go...
by aaelgr
Jan 9 2008, 18:50
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Starcraft 2!
Replies: 588
Views: 85013

Hopefully they'll show us the Zerg soon. The longer the wait is, the more distant the release date will be. For now we'll have to make do with the iconic Seige Tank:
http://eu.starcraft2.com/features/terran/siegetank.xml
by aaelgr
Jan 9 2008, 13:50
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: We Are Family, Get Up Everybody and Sing
Replies: 16
Views: 4883

We Are Family, Get Up Everybody and Sing

He's not the (Dark) Messiah, he's a very naughty boy! ;-)

Go to advanced search