Search found 36 matches

by Anthriel
Jun 2 2006, 23:22
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Necro skills: you are offered this - what do you take?
Replies: 28
Views: 4343

I disagree with quite a lot in this thread. First off, I assume everyone takes Vladimir, because frankly, he is by far the best Necro Hero, no one else comes close. Mostly because all other heroes have just a 50% chance of getting Raise Dead, and are screwed if it doesn't show up. The first skill I ...
by Anthriel
May 28 2006, 13:10
Topic: no patch yet?
Replies: 46
Views: 8920

I guess most of the original team is busy on the expansion already. Hopefully the map editor won't be sold as a feature of it. And yeah, they do take quite some time, you would usually expect the first patch very close to the release, they should usually start working on it after the game went gold....
by Anthriel
May 26 2006, 13:43
Topic: Elemental what
Replies: 24
Views: 4942

Why did they change it?It was so fun in beta,and it is just stupid and boring. How do you think people would figure out what it does with Nival's great documentation? Naturally, they could just have left it in and bothered to write documentation ... but they couldn't do that, because documentation ...
by Anthriel
May 24 2006, 19:07
Topic: The gamespot review is in
Replies: 7
Views: 2297

Re: The gamespot review is in

Over 400 people voted and the average score is 9.0. At least the review and score is truthful and honest. Not like with Fable, Oblivion, Jade Empire, Doom 3 etc. where the opinion of the reviewer is drastically different from the real people on the forums(the reviewers are bribed, i think). Do note...
by Anthriel
May 24 2006, 15:07
Topic: Where can I lean about the creature abilities?
Replies: 6
Views: 1740

Huh? Was my post offensive enough to get edited? I thought it was just an innocent joke ...
by Anthriel
May 24 2006, 14:32
Topic: Where can I lean about the creature abilities?
Replies: 6
Views: 1740

Re: Where can I lean about the creature abilities?

nomadwanderer wrote:Where can I learn about the creature abilities? I can't seem to find out ingame, and can't find them in the manual...

The CH website list only lists 4-5 creatures....

here is a complete listing of them: http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/he ... ties.shtml
by Anthriel
May 24 2006, 11:42
Topic: The gamespot review is in
Replies: 7
Views: 2297

The gamespot review is in

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/heroesofmightandmagicv/review.html?sid=6151741 8.2 - 0.2 more than I expected, but certainly still reasonable. I think they should have mentioned some of the minor flaws, like the UI and probably the sub-par performance, but there's still not much I could disagree...
by Anthriel
May 23 2006, 18:47
Topic: Haunting Mines
Replies: 35
Views: 5910

Well, I'm with JJ on this one. You get, what, 10 ghosts a mine at most? Considering you also can get a number of skeleton archers per fight (and you'll be fighting more battles than you'll be flagging mines), I don't see what the big deal is. Well, against the AI you can keep reflagging mines and b...
by Anthriel
May 23 2006, 14:01
Topic: Creature Recruiting
Replies: 31
Views: 4359

Daily growth in Heroes IV annoyed me, because the best way to do things was to buy troops every day, and sent them on the long journey to your hero. But attacking a town on day 1, as player 1, with your weekly growth brought to you by a hero chain, still feels unfair. It would be alright with simult...
by Anthriel
May 23 2006, 13:55
Topic: Crud... No AI = no buy... again!
Replies: 16
Views: 5593

The combat AI is better than in other Heroes games I think. The targetting priority regarding War Machines is messed up, and the Spell Casting is somewhat messed up as well, but apart from that, it is rather clever. I have nothing positive to say about the adventure map AI though. They sometimes do ...
by Anthriel
May 23 2006, 11:23
Topic: Haunting Mines
Replies: 35
Views: 5910

Haunting Mines

Haunting mines: Bug, or intended to be that way? Curiously, I have seen no one comment on that ability yet, though my friends always complain how broken it is when I use it. Basically, the deal with that ability is that a hero with it who claims a mine, will get 5 Ghosts in the garrion for that mine...
by Anthriel
May 21 2006, 18:51
Topic: all the small things
Replies: 27
Views: 4722

If you plan on making all your Peasants into Archers, yes, you shouldn't bother to upgrade the Peasant building. But if you want Conscripts, you should. Since when has strategic choice been a bad thing? Not much of a choice. Marksmen are way better, and Conscripts aren't a good upgrade as you lose ...
by Anthriel
May 21 2006, 10:26
Topic: Inconceivable AI cheating
Replies: 48
Views: 14738

If you want to play against a good AI, play Galactic Civilizations II. Most other developers don't care about AI anymore. I firmly believe Heroes III did better than V, though IV was arguably worse (probably didn't cheat as much though).
by Anthriel
May 18 2006, 20:31
Topic: What AI level is the computer not getting any advantages?
Replies: 17
Views: 3776

Heres a list of the creature abilities. Hope the descriptions will be in-game too. http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/heroes5/creature_abilities.shtml You know,its really stupid and tedious to have to thumb through the manual or go to web site whenever youre unsure what the ability does :disagree...
by Anthriel
May 18 2006, 11:21
Topic: 7th Race/Faction?
Replies: 154
Views: 27533

Odd ... I was fully expecting Dwarves and Orcs in the expansion. But apparently, one of those factions could be cut in favor of Nagas.

hmm ... perhaps there will be two expansions?

Oh, and calling the utterly lame Heroes IV expansion campagins better than Half-Dead is heresy.
by Anthriel
May 18 2006, 10:44
Topic: My quick review
Replies: 55
Views: 10880

Heck, even AoE-III requires a lot more hardware then HOMMV... What do you guys want for hardware requirements? Solitaire-level?!??! Uh ... AoE III runs perfectly on my machine. Heroes V, even on the lowest settings, is downright unplayable for me on a few maps (even though the demo worked fine). Do...
by Anthriel
May 16 2006, 20:22
Topic: Bug in the Inferno campaign mission order
Replies: 10
Views: 2907

Didn't happen to me ... but wouldn't matter much anyway, the fourth mission is pretty boring, barely develops the story, and you don't need the experience for the next scenario anyway, because it is quite easy.

In hindsight, I wish I could have skipped the fourth mission ...
by Anthriel
May 16 2006, 12:36
Topic: What AI level is the computer not getting any advantages?
Replies: 17
Views: 3776

You know, had you waited and gotten a legal version, there might have been a manual enclosed that would have explained just that... Well, I very much doubt that the digital manual will be any different from the actually printed one. Especially as the printing of said manual must have happened quite...
by Anthriel
May 16 2006, 12:13
Topic: Leak
Replies: 293
Views: 35526

Actually, apart from the Arthas rip-off, I thought it was suprisingly good. Not on Blizzard's or Square's level of course, but at least something that doesn't make your eyes bleed, like so many other intros. Compared to crap like the Warlords Battlecry intros, or all the other Heroes intros for exam...
by Anthriel
May 16 2006, 12:11
Topic: What should the 1st patch include?
Replies: 107
Views: 15750

Oh, yeah. The patch should also include buttons for Spliting Stacks, Waiting, Moving Creatures from the Town to the Hero, and other things you only have keys right now. The absence of a wait button is so ridiculos makes me want to cry. I hoped the demo interface was just incomplete. Seeing it in it...

Go to advanced search