Search found 110 matches

by Wheeler Dealer
Jan 23 2020, 1:53
Forum: Articles
Topic: The Price of Peace → To Slay an Immortal
Replies: 4
Views: 3512

Re: The Price of Peace → To Slay an Immortal

Here I am 6 years later trying the strategy I suggested. Worked great. Once Solymyr had the underground town secure and built up I blocked the entrance to my underground town and used Town Gate to get him to the surface. I put him with Emilia and Kodge and let them do all the heavy lifting. This arm...
by Wheeler Dealer
Jan 15 2020, 0:03
Topic: The Price of Peace → An Unusual Betrayal
Replies: 3
Views: 1482

Re: The Price of Peace → An Unusual Betrayal

Champion difficulty Aaaargh!! :( :| Month 5 Week 3 Day 1. I've cleared the whole map Except for Blue. I have to fight a difficult stack of Genies and when I do I find Landrew's body, he apparently died trying to clear this same stack. I went ahead and eliminated Blue but the game didn't finish. I sa...
by Wheeler Dealer
Dec 30 2019, 21:00
Topic: The Price of Peace → At the Crossroads
Views: 2540

Re: The Price of Peace → At the Crossroads

Champion. Here I am again 5 years later. I don't remember this being this hard! I spent a month and a half slipping around looking for battles I could handle with low casualties. About that time I got enough Genies to make a difference. Then my army was Emilia, all the halflings and magi I could aff...
by Wheeler Dealer
Dec 3 2019, 23:48
Topic: The True Blade → The Trials
Views: 3191

Re: The True Blade → The Trials

Champion Only 6 years later I finally tested my suggested strategy! I hired an Order Mage at the beginning of the first scenario and developed her instead of the Knight. When it came time to challenge the guardians of the Sword of the Gods I won on the first try. Mass Slow, Teleport, Mass Precision,...
by Wheeler Dealer
Nov 18 2019, 6:17
Topic: Tribes of the East → Flying to the Rescue → Summoning the Dragons
Replies: 2
Views: 2322

Re: Tribes of the East → Flying to the Rescue → Summoning the Dragons

Hard 3.0 This is my third (or fourth) time to play this scenario so I tried to avoid using the walkthrough much. This led to a pretty serious misstep! When I hit the surface I missed the early opportunity to recall my city. I also didn't look for the tear since I wanted it in that city so I had almo...
by Wheeler Dealer
Nov 12 2019, 19:19
Topic: Tribes of the East → Flying to the Rescue → Tearing the Veil
Replies: 34
Views: 15896

Re: Tribes of the East → Flying to the Rescue → Tearing the Veil

Hard 3.0 Reading the old posts (even my own) had me worried about the last battle for Zehir. Not so. At that point Zehir was Level 28 with his ultimate skill. He also had expert leadership with 3 feats and an open skill slot. I sent him in with 185 obs. gargoyles. He lost about 30 of them. I used Du...
by Wheeler Dealer
Nov 10 2019, 20:18
Forum: News
Topic: Tribes of the East → Flying to the Rescue → Dark Ways and Deeds
Replies: 1
Views: 1666

Re: Tribes of the East → Flying to the Rescue → Dark Ways and Deeds

Hard 3.0 I have played this campaign 3 times and never realized that Zehir could flee and come back (as long as he controls his magic city). I completely eliminated any challenge once I tried the trick with 6 stalkers and a Phoenix. I did have some tense moments early on. I took Town B and went expl...
by Wheeler Dealer
Nov 6 2019, 3:05
Topic: Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → Hunting the Hunter
Replies: 61
Views: 22381

Re: Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → Hunting the Hunter

3.0 Hard Orange got stuck in his last city because of the caravans piling up. Probably would make a more interesting scenario if you cleared those out for him. I didn't understand that the mission wasn't over when I took out Orange. I might have made a different decision about when to visit the Tree...
by Wheeler Dealer
Oct 21 2019, 17:50
Topic: Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → One Khan, One Clan
Views: 2479

Re: Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → One Khan, One Clan

Hard 3.0 I went too fast. Let Orange build the town until the first day of week 2. Cleared the beginning area and then met Brown on M2 W3 D5. Teal Immediately invaded with an army I didn't want to fight in the open. He didn't want to fight me in my castle until I left Kujin standing in the doorway w...
by Wheeler Dealer
Oct 7 2019, 20:46
Topic: Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → Collecting Bones
Views: 1713

Re: Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → Collecting Bones

Hard 3.0 Things worked out poorly for me. I only reached Level 10, missed about half of the stat plus up sites but I got the necklace and some useful skills. The biggest problem was that my rival never hit a skull total between 1000 and 1150. He went from under 1000 to 1162 so bribing the goblins wa...
by Wheeler Dealer
Sep 15 2019, 0:13
Topic: Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → Dragons
Replies: 24
Views: 11916

Re: Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → Dragons

Hard 2.1 Thralsai had already marched for 2 days toward my city when Ylaya reached the dragons. Between the Sylvan Ancient and the bonus for completing the side quest Ylaya hit the Level Max. Isabelle got her Max from the tree as well, Realag reached easily defending the city. Ylaya and Isabelle hit...
by Wheeler Dealer
Sep 13 2019, 19:15
Topic: Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → The Meeting
Replies: 14
Views: 6283

Re: Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → The Meeting

Hard 2.1 Easy overall, but I had some tense moments in the 2nd and third weeks. Cleared the mines around my starting town and took the Red City before the end of week one. Hired another hero to run errands and pick up stuff. There was a Sack of Gold available when I built the Artifact Merchant so I ...
by Wheeler Dealer
Sep 11 2019, 22:38
Topic: Hammers of Fate ¡÷ Ylaya's Quest ¡÷ The Spy
Views: 2322

Re: Hammers of Fate ¡÷ Ylaya's Quest ¡÷ The Spy

2.1 Hard I got Ice Bolt from the first Shrine!!! :-D Eldrich Arrow from Secrets of Destruction ( ho hum). 120 Enforcers joined, they came in handy in the fight with the Druid Elders. When the time came to fight the Druid Elders, I sent in my Minotaurs and Enforcers And cast Ice Bolt every turn. I ha...
by Wheeler Dealer
Sep 10 2019, 21:58
Topic: Wulfstan's Defiance - The Brothers
Replies: 9
Views: 4095

Re: Wulfstan's Defiance - The Brothers

Rolf got killed by a neutral stack! Duncan came in at Level 27 with maybe 70.000 xp toward 28. If I ever earned experience for him he stayed at 27 but lost the points earned toward 28. So I never allowed him to earn experience and he was able to reach 28 in the last scenario which he could not have ...
by Wheeler Dealer
Sep 7 2019, 19:54
Topic: Wulfstan's Defiance - The Ambush
Replies: 13
Views: 3783

Re: Wulfstan's Defiance - The Ambush

Hard 2.1 I'm not sure I can make it from here. Wulfstan has expert Destructive Magic but only basic Light Magic. The top two Destructive spells he got are Armageddon and Chain Lightning. I would have preferred Implosion and Meteor Shower and he didn't get Circle of Winter or Mass Haste. And with Spe...
by Wheeler Dealer
Sep 4 2019, 23:02
Topic: Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Choices
Replies: 22
Views: 11291

Re: Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Choices

Hard 2.1 I could do better. Freyda made level 29 and Duncan level 27. I waited a bit too long to turn the main army over to Duncan. The very last battle is worth about 23,000 XP and must be fought by Freyda so once she gets within that range let Duncan do all the heavy lifting. I let Freyda take out...
by Wheeler Dealer
Sep 1 2019, 18:10
Topic: Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Negotiations
Views: 1262

Re: Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Negotiations

I barely hit the level cap. I had to backtrack and fight (56) Phoenix to pick up 30,000 XP after I had already beat the Fire Dragons. Seems I forfeited about 60,000 gp when I entered the Dwarven Territory. I collected another 11,000 but only needed 5,000 of it. So, mostly XP from chests and don't pa...
by Wheeler Dealer
Aug 31 2019, 21:59
Topic: Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Duncan
Replies: 7
Views: 2876

Re: Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Duncan

Hard 2.1 I've played through this campaign at least twice years ago. A couple of things I didn't remember. No heroes for hire until the second month. The creatures in the towns gradually disappeared if not hired. I gave Freyda both dark and light magic, She had both mass haste and Mass slow. what wi...
by Wheeler Dealer
Aug 15 2019, 16:48
Topic: The Ranger - The Vampire Lord
Replies: 90
Views: 35931

Re: The Ranger - The Vampire Lord

Hard 1.6 Found my old post from 2014. Most of it was the same but this time it was harder. I think the difference was that Valdamir had the main army. I couldn't beat him when I first reached the westen land. I had split my sylvan troops between Findan and Dirael and given Talanar all the undead tro...
by Wheeler Dealer
Jan 26 2019, 21:19
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Ivan - The Dream of What Could Be
Views: 3344

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VII - Ivan - The Dream of What Could Be

(Heroic) 2 months, 3 weeks and 5 days. Plays very differently depending on how many of the 6 campaigns you complete before you take on this one. I took Tanis this time and she had my best army and was my best hero for some time. There were almost no ways to gain additional troops for her army, so be...

Go to advanced search