Search found 788 matches

by Tress
Sep 9 2019, 7:24
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: 3DO downfall - Might and Magic sold copies? Any connection?
Replies: 10
Views: 1304

Re: 3DO downfall - Might and Magic sold copies? Any connection?

combined sales of Mandate Heaven and For Blood and Honor should be over a million units. Sounds about plausible. Considering we are operating with highly extrapolated numbers, there can be serious margins of error in this calculation , but I wouldn't be surprised if they wouldn't be that far off. S...
by Tress
Sep 8 2019, 13:51

Thank you for this! Back in the day 4 million was not something to scoff at. This is including old mm's as well as HOMM which objectively is one of most landmark games on PC specially during that time. I guess good portion is homm1/2 which was before NWC was affiliated with 3do. Also including some...
by Tress
Aug 28 2019, 11:13

Sad to hear, I would really like to see how NWC would fare these days in the market. Blobber RPG's are dead, nobody makes them like NWC used to (realtime, open world etc), or the Heroes series. Pretty much after wizardry 8 there isnt any to name of . MMX was ok but its not really a full game, it wa...
by Tress
Aug 26 2019, 13:50

I was wondering if Might & Magic and Heroes sales was connected to 3DO going bankrupt, I know 3DO made stupid decisions (with the console, making bad games etc) but NWC was making almost the same game for years (MM6-7-8), and Heroes 3 with the Chronicles. Did heroes games sold better than MM? I...
by Tress
Apr 22 2019, 7:37
Topic: MM6-MM8 Turn-Based Fights Only
Replies: 6
Views: 976

Re: MM6-MM8 Turn-Based Fights Only

Also, during my fight with the Terminator Units - their eradication ability triggered a lot, so I made sure to fight them during 5 AM to 6AM or 8PM to 9PM so I could cast Divine Intervention. I then went over to Hermit's Isle and touched the Rejuvenation well if my age got too high to the point it ...
by Tress
Apr 21 2019, 21:03
Topic: MM6-MM8 Turn-Based Fights Only
Views: 976

Re: MM6-MM8 Turn-Based Fights Only

First of all it would require some change to rules of mm6 as you cant really move during TB, so not really sure how fighting would look like in that case or how you would envision that or do you mean that you are "hitting" only after pressing enter, and still moving in meantime. Considerin...
by Tress
Apr 15 2019, 8:33
Topic: Does anybody use compass?
Replies: 12
Views: 1648

Re: Does anybody use compass?

Also, players on left and right sides I think are universally a mistake, pretty common among cRPGs of the time Dont think that is too much of an issue. Wizardry 8 had similar setup (although its hidden for most of time) so never was problem. Baldurs gate/ icewind dale aslo had similar scheme. True ...
by Tress
Apr 9 2019, 9:02
Topic: GrayFace MM8 Patch v2.4.1 [Sep 20, 2019]
Replies: 197
Views: 96547

Re: GrayFace MM8 Patch v2.2 [March 17, 2019]

Really minor bug but I noticed that even with latest greyface patch, completion text for black endurance potion quest in Ironsand displays text for luck potion instead.
by Tress
Apr 3 2019, 6:55
Topic: MM6 - Sy Roth - Teeth
Replies: 1
Views: 400

Re: MM6 - Sy Roth - Teeth

Seems they were removed from actual drop list. Still, the item have description left in some code as it is extracted by people who upkeep wiki. Well its not first or last loose end in mm series , like the crown in mm8
http://telp.org/mm6/tavern/anyboard/posts/33790.html
by Tress
Apr 1 2019, 6:53
Topic: I hope one day MM will get something similar to OpenMW or Daggerfall Unity
Replies: 9
Views: 1495

Re: I hope one day MM will get something similar to OpenMW or Daggerfall Unity

Dont think any game with "open" in the name and such remakes are ever made with being "commercial success " in mind. All those games are fans making stuff for other fans. Unfortunately TES player base is bigger, and have better tools to have better creativity.
by Tress
Mar 25 2019, 12:39
Topic: Does anybody use compass?
Replies: 12
Views: 1648

Re: Does anybody use compass?

Since pointer is integrated in minimap and its always aligned top/north unlike GTA where map rotates, compass is kinda redundant aside of aesthetic purposes, which nevertheless is important as seen pn MM9 where minimalist interface just kills any mood that's left in the game.
by Tress
Mar 18 2019, 12:49
Topic: Elmarion - a new game like Might and Magic
Views: 1186

Re: Elmarion - a new game like Might and Magic

Looks very nice. Cant say I am fan of "real world" premise but looks really nice. Hopefully you can manage to keep steam into development until it comes out. Lots of games like this encounter real world issues and get put into backlog forever. Anyway , looking forward to it as there basica...
by Tress
Mar 4 2019, 20:02
Topic: Has anyone fixed that annoying bug where AI projectiles stop behind allies?
Replies: 1
Views: 566

Re: Has anyone fixed that annoying bug where AI projectiles stop behind allies?

I of course can be wrong as i am not modding MM games but I would bet thats a feature of engine same as physics ,clipping issue etc the game have , which I wouldn't expect to be fixed without rewriting engine. As for inside outside, i think game uses slightly different engines to handle the world in...
by Tress
Mar 3 2019, 20:08
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Questions about Elemental Planes
Replies: 4
Views: 885

Re: Questions about Elemental Planes

My guess, there isnt good answer as plot was probably made up on spot in pause between mm7-8 (so 1 year, during which you cant make solid lore that would explain everything, specially with team that isnt huge), and it just sounded cool as plot device. On other hand we can think up number of reasons ...
by Tress
Mar 3 2019, 19:15
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Questions about Elemental Planes
Replies: 4
Views: 885

Re: Questions about Elemental Planes

Guess this is never really explained that tight but can consider that elemental planes are as large as material one (i.e size of cosmic universe), so opening it would place you in different space of same plane. Its not like whole water plane is 1x1 km map we see in mm8 That of course opens questions...
by Tress
Feb 28 2019, 7:37
Topic: MM7 Slaying Dragon in Emerald
Replies: 11
Views: 1465

Re: MM7 Slaying Dragon in Emerald

Not really. It's possible to kill a dragon with only bows and smooth turning with no death at all but it is more time consuming and require a lot more coordination. You can even solo MorCarack and Wromthrax but be ready to spend at least 45 minutes doing this if no longer (however I cheated - my ch...
by Tress
Feb 27 2019, 14:19

Tress is right.., turning smooth gives you no chances but a quick death. That's how it works in all giant slayings. Never ever stop.., quick run or fly and quick turn. watch my dragon flight, it's the same. In my old playthroughs i used to kill blue dragon in Tatalia before that was possible by &qu...
by Tress
Feb 26 2019, 7:29

I did notice that you were turning left or right pretty fast in the game. In case you weren't aware, you can change it by going into Options and setting "Turn Rate" to "Smooth". I am pretty sure this is done on purpose as you need to quickly turn and shoot in this particular fig...
by Tress
Feb 25 2019, 7:26

In my experience dragon range attack is relatively slow and can be dodged and with full team of bows it can be done. Malwick wand of course makes it bit more easy and saves a little bit time.
by Tress
Feb 19 2019, 9:00
Topic: I hope one day MM will get something similar to OpenMW or Daggerfall Unity
Replies: 9
Views: 1495

Re: I hope one day MM will get something similar to OpenMW or Daggerfall Unity

Pretty sure there is few project like that. If you check this forum, there is pinned thread with "total remake" which basically is just that, think last commit was just a couple month ago so its not complitelly dead yet. Of course MM community(specially modding) is barely a faction of what...

Go to advanced search