Search found 30 matches

by -thing
Nov 7 2007, 18:23
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Silly names in HoMMV! ...and alternatives to them!
Replies: 312
Views: 43194

Thunder Thane=Thunder Lord(theres a flame lord so there has to be a thunder Lord) I always called them Thunderlords, even back in HOF where they were Warlords (except the first time i saw the HOF menu screen an called it the Big Dwarf Who Apparently Set His Hand On Fire While Playing With Matches U...
by -thing
Nov 2 2007, 16:26
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Ballista Stunning Blow
Replies: 5
Views: 2483

Ballista Stunning Blow

Someone found this out shortly after the demo was out. It makes defending sieges a wee bit easier when you can knock out the enemy's catapult and ballista in a couple of hits. Can Barbarians knock down castle walls with this?
by -thing
Nov 1 2007, 13:54
Topic: Artifact Set Bug
Replies: 23
Views: 4282

Artifact Set Bug

What if you Memory Mentor your Expert Enlightment away and then pick it up again later, will you get the skill bonuses a second time?
by -thing
Aug 16 2007, 16:42
Forum: News
Topic: Tribes Video and Shots
Replies: 31
Views: 3804

Tribes Video and Shots

The video had an angel with a neutral unit aura (instead of the haven one). Still i'm a bit sceptical about the mixed neutral stacks and the hyped farm-razing ability of the orcs. They seem like special scripts appearing in the campaigns only. But otherwise TotE seems a good purchase(assuming it's f...
by -thing
Aug 16 2007, 16:32
Topic: The New Clothes of Isabel
Replies: 46
Views: 6530

The *Old* Clothes of Isabel

For a polygon she's actually quite pretty (unlike the one in the game which looks just too smug to be a good guy). I still dont get why they changed so much good stuff to inferior models (Cleric, Treant, Dino-Riders etc).
by -thing
Aug 11 2007, 19:43
Topic: The Zombie Shooting Game
Views: 5487

The Zombie Shooting Game

Got 263 this time. It seems that there's some amount of luck needed for getting higher scores since the patterns are all random.
by -thing
Aug 10 2007, 10:56
Topic: The Zombie Shooting Game
Views: 5487

The Zombie Shooting Game

Funny little game. But why are all those cute bunnies hanging out in a zombie-infested graveyard?

I only got 190 points BTW.
by -thing
Aug 8 2007, 14:18
Topic: Mix-and-Match Creatures
Replies: 20
Views: 3841

Mix-and-Match Creatures

They're majestically screwed up! I love it!

The one with Veyer's head would actually be a good Chaos Sorcerer in my Warhammer army. Thanks for that evilp.
by -thing
Aug 4 2007, 21:35
Topic: Tribes of the East Boxshot
Replies: 75
Views: 7776

Tribes of the East Boxshot

I encourage women to wear shoes. >Well I understand some women like that sort of treatment...< Statements like this are kinda infallible, since there's ~7 billion people on this planet. On topic though, the cover is like i expected: guy and a castle. Not much reason to do anything different anyway.
by -thing
Jul 31 2007, 14:37
Topic: Tribes of the East Previews
Replies: 97
Views: 8765

Tribes of the East Previews

Warcraft being as popular as it is, it doesn't take more than the concept of non-evil orcs to get people scream "rip-off" These are still the previews and we don't know exactly how the story goes, but if the leader of the orc rebellion (Whats'isname) was raised by humans, and his closest friend dies...
by -thing
Jul 2 2007, 18:12
Topic: Tribes of the East concept art
Replies: 13
Views: 10782

It is more likely a dragon, that i agree, but it seems to have feathered wings and chest, could be the dark elves' mockery of a griffin emblem.Also the riders are nobility IIRC so it's not out of character for them to display heraldry (along with brain-boxed dinosaurs).
by -thing
Jul 1 2007, 20:11
Topic: Tribes of the East concept art
Replies: 13
Views: 10782

Me too. The hooves look a bit too small for the lumbering brute anyway. Besides, the Dino-Rider lost it's shield and trident, as seen in the preview screenshots.(IMO the emblem on his shield looks almost like a griffin) Of the others, i really like the centaur, it's nightmarish heritage is quite cle...
by -thing
Jul 1 2007, 9:12
Topic: music in game
Replies: 7
Views: 1810

but why would you do that? just turn off the games music and put up windows media player 11 in the background. sure, it wouldnt put up a specific track for specific occasions, but why go through all that other trouble? For the novelty of hearing "In the Navy" whenever you board a boat, i guess. I h...
by -thing
Jun 28 2007, 15:44
Topic: Questions, Questions, Questions?
Replies: 25
Views: 3790

About them gremlins... Yes, it's possible to have 141 gremlins on day 4 if you start with Havez, he starts with nearly 80, then hire another wizard for ~25 more (not Razzak though, he starts with golems only), then recruit 20 from your town and 20 from an external dwelling, assuming one is availible...
by -thing
Jun 16 2007, 18:54
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Vampire skin request
Replies: 3
Views: 3105

I recall Elrath.com (http://deep.phpwebhosting.com/~paradox/) had such mods, but i'm not sure if they work with 1.5 and 2.1 (without some tweaking at least)
by -thing
Jun 6 2007, 19:44
Topic: Necropolis Alternate Upgrades
Replies: 78
Views: 7266

Necropolis Alternate Upgrades

@Orfinn: Well, my point was that the Banshee's gender isn't distinguishable from the model, and while it's true that a human skeleton's gender isn't distinguishable, the model is near identical to the Wraith, which is viewed as a male by default, whereas a Banshee is expected to look a like a woman ...
by -thing
Jun 6 2007, 17:27
Topic: Necropolis Alternate Upgrades
Replies: 78
Views: 7266

Necropolis Alternate Upgrades

Most of them are good, but what's with the "Banshee"? It doesn't look female at all, I thought a Banshee was supposed to be a spirit of an evil woman, not Grim Reaper turned gay.The model itself isn't bad though, Nival should just darken the pink parts a bit, maybe take the hood off and call it a Re...
by -thing
Jun 2 2007, 10:36
Topic: Renagades as Alternate Upgrades?
Replies: 81
Views: 7106

Sure the Renegades were Biara's henchmen in the campaign, but we have to wait and se what happens to them after Biara is defeated. Most of the units are credible to see in the Haven line-up anyway, for example Crossbowmen have new technology, Vindicators use more offensive fighting techniques and Ch...
by -thing
May 29 2007, 17:36
Topic: Scoop: Alternate Inferno Upgrades
Replies: 62
Views: 7439

Scoop: Alternate Inferno Upgrades

The names and abilities are now on the official portal, though the stat sheet
is for the sylvan upgrades.
by -thing
May 29 2007, 8:05
Topic: Scoop: Alternate Inferno Upgrades
Replies: 62
Views: 7439

Scoop: Alternate Inferno Upgrades

Tired Imp
Horny Monster
Smoky Dog
Stone Succubus
Wooden Horse
Mutated Fire Bug
Old Devil
Heh... These are good. When TotE comes out somebody should make a mod that changes the real names to these(and has DeepPurple Dragon and Electric Elf for Sylvan as well).

Go to advanced search