I think it's finally time for me to officially retire from my position on the Celestial Heavens' staff. I've been involved with the community, on and off, for close to five years now. I began my official involvement with the site in August 2002 when I turned my "custom map reviews (long, updated)" forum thread into CH's map review section and I was promoted to 'editor' by Angelspit a couple of months later. I continued to review H4 maps on and off for the next three and a half years, writing over 50,000 words and countless spelling errors in 126 full reviews. For personal reference more than anything, here's what else I've done on the site over the years:
* Judged a map contest in 2002, in which I played and reviewed all of the ~30 custom maps hosted on the site. Prizes were awarded to the best maps in three different categories (overall, multi and single player).
* Created four Heroes IV maps, three of which are on this site and one of which is on the Winds of War expansion CD (NWC ran a map making contest to generate a bit of extra content for the expansion). One of my maps, My Brother's Keeper, received the 'judges choice' award in a MapHaven themed map-making contest.
* Organised and co-judged a themed Heroes IV map-making contest 'An American Tale', in 2005 which attracted three entries.
* Put together a summary page of what I thought were the best Heroes IV maps that I had played. This is one of my favourite contributions, in my opinion it's a great resource for anyone looking to find a fun Heroes IV maps of any type.
* Reviewed the Heroes IV Tile and Card game.
* Participated in the Heroes V beta test.
* Wrote walkthroughs for the Academy and some of the Sylvan Heroes V campaigns.
* Organised and co-judged a Heroes V map-making contest, 'A Little Challenge', which attracted 11 entries. I also wrote full reviews for each of these maps, which were the only Heroes V maps I reviewed.</ul]
I also recently started running a new season of the Round Table Battles, but issues with the score system, declining participation and my current minimal internet access meant I couldn't execute it as well as I hoped (sorry).
I'll finish off with some quick shout outs. First huge thanks and massive props Angelspit, who has maintained an exceptional level of devotion to this site for going on 8 years now. He manages his volunteers exceptionally well, maintains an excellent balance between respecting the game developers and standing up for the community when necessary and has ensured that Celestial Heavens is truly the premiere Might and Magic fan site.
Finally, shout outs to Wimfrits, Kalah, Karryl, Robenhagen, Pepak, Charles Watkins/Caradoc, Ethric, Veldrynus, Corribus, ScarlettP, Ghostwriter, Lord Evenshade, Grumpy old wizard, Pitsu, Laelth, Tar, HodgePodge, Ururam Tururam, Sarvi, Blue Camel and all the others with whom I've had rewarding dealings with in some way over the years, whether it be on the Round Table Forums, in discussions of the merits of various maps or from playing their map creations. Thanks to these people, and many others, I've had a lot of fun in being involved with the community. I hope it continues to thrive and provide others with as much enjoyment as it's given me over the years!