HOMM and Chronicles of Narnia

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Moderators, Celestial Heavens Staff

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Postby Angelspit » Jan 8 2006, 13:47

I saw Narnia last night. I liked the movie, and could see the similarities with the Heroes game. During the shots before the battle, with Peter on his horse behind the incredible Narnia army, I could almost hear the Heroes III battle themes. I tried to make a mental list of all creatures in the movie that also appeared in a Heroes game, but in the end there were so many of them.

Are there plans to make movies out of the other books?
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Mutare Drake
Scout
Scout

Postby Mutare Drake » Jan 8 2006, 13:59

gravyluvr wrote:Still waiting for HOMM: The Movie!

Hee Hee. That'd be interesting. Especially the transition scenes between H3 and H4, and H5. Picture a Monty Python-like moment..."and then the developers suddenly were forced to change companies due to serveral, er, problems, and an entirely new story erupted."

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Postby theLuckyDragon » Jan 13 2006, 21:24

I've seen the movie today and I had mixed feelings. The idea, the concept, are great, but I'm sure the books are better. One particular thing that annoyed me was Peter's obession with drawing that sword and pointing it at various creatures -- just pointing it; why would he draw it when saying he wants to talk to Aslan?! Later on he actually uses it, but that pointing was really ridiculous. Still, I liked the movie and the atmosphere it created, though it could have been better.

I've read somewhere that there will be two more movies.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Postby Caradoc » Jan 14 2006, 6:14

The monsters in Clash of the Titans were creations of the great Ray Harryhausen. No computer generated crap there. Just some of the best stop action animation ever made.

IceCold2000
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby IceCold2000 » Jan 20 2006, 2:36

I've seen the movie a few days ago. While I enjoyed it immensely, I found out the battle scenes and the atmosphere in general when they meet Aslan the Lion and the White Witch reminded me of Heroes of Might and Magic very well. I even thought some of the outfits worn by the characters would make very good ideas for heroes.

The boy's armor is good for a knight or paladin hero.
The girl's dresses are great for clerics or druids.
The White Witch's tribal garb in the big battle are perfect for a barbarian or beastmaster.

And there's plenty more of these things that suit HOMM.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Postby gravyluvr » Jan 20 2006, 5:20

I always thought that Heroes of Might and Magic borrowed more from Narnia than it did from LOTR, D&D and other sources.

The Might and Magic Universe is very much a Lion, Witch and Wardrobe production. The ancients could be conceived as Aslan. The Witch could be the Kreegens. And the Wardrobe could be the magic portals that allow heroes and villians to go from one world to the next.

Even in HOMM you can see how when certain heroes were able to go from Enroth to Erathia to Axeoth. Actually the History of Might and Magic itself is very much like the Chronicles in that they jump around in both time and place and then go back to explain the holes created.

I'm not really a movie goer but I should take the time to go see Narnia since I just went back and red all the books.

We're working on the new HOMM movie right now. It's called the Diary of Yog the Barbarian.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Postby ThunderTitan » Jan 21 2006, 13:39

gravyluvr wrote:Even in HOMM you can see how when certain heroes were able to go from Enroth to Erathia to Axeoth.

Well Enroth and Erathia two continents/kingdoms are on the same planet.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Postby theLuckyDragon » Jan 21 2006, 13:48

If I'm not mistaken, Enroth is the kingdom and the continent? (just like Australia) And Erathia is the kingdom found on the continent of Antagarich.

By the way, did you notice how nearly all important "stages" of the Heroes saga are continents/worlds that start with the letter A? Antagarich, Axeoth, Ashan...
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Postby ThunderTitan » Jan 21 2006, 14:00

theLuckyDragon wrote:If I'm not mistaken, Enroth is the kingdom and the continent? (just like Australia) And Erathia is the kingdom found on the continent of Antagarich.

Ups, my bad.

theLuckyDragon wrote:By the way, did you notice how nearly all important "stages" of the Heroes saga are continents/worlds that start with the letter A? Antagarich, Axeoth, Ashan...

Well the first 2 were in Enroth. But I don't recall what the world with Enroth, Antagarich and Jadame was called, so...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!

I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Postby gravyluvr » Jan 21 2006, 15:48

I think you're thinking of Asia albums ;|
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Return to “Campfire”