A Dawn of war (RPG Forum)

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Moderators, Celestial Heavens Staff

User avatar
Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 6939
Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Location: Corner of your Eye

Postby Omega_Destroyer » Dec 31 2007, 1:52

As Elvin, Vlad, and Jade attack the three guard, they soon discover the warriors are more than skilled to fight the trio, forcing each hero to face off with an elf. The other Drow elite just watch, waiting to see if their intervention is needed. Strangely enough, Muerrick seems almost completely disinterested in the fight and cleans his finger nails with a small dagger.

Dhalia begins to laugh as Dragon abruptly changes his strategy. "MY, MY. I NEVER THOUGHT I'D SEE A DWARF ACT INTELLIGENTLY. TOO BAD NOBODY ESCAPES ME!!!" The legs on her back begin to twitch as webs shoot from their tips, wrapping around the dwarf. In less than three seconds, the body of the dwarf is completely entombed by the webbing. "YOU'RE NEXT DWARF!!!" cackles the spider woman as she begins to reel in her prey.

"I'LL-WHAT???!!!" shouts Dhalia as she spots the fifteen missiles flying towards her. She quickly throws up her spider-legs to block the incoming attack. A few manage to strike her directly.

"URGH!" she snorts in pain. Her eyes quickly scan the heroes, looking for the one responsible. Ceres's guilty eyes quickly betray her.

"YOU!!!" screams the avatar, "YOU DARE CAST A SPELL AGAINST ME???!!!" The eight legs on her back start to weave up and down, drawing intricate patterns in the air. "NOW YOU DIE!!!" Each legs fires off maximized Chain Lightning spells, sending electrical fingers streaking towards the heroes

"DUCK!!!" screams Saphire as she quickly yanks blake with her behind a dusty tomb to avoid the onslaught. Onyx quickly casts a spell mantle and Sun mimics the action. Stefan's golem appears in the nick of time, guarding its master just as the electrical maelstrom arcs through the heroes. Searing pain jumps from hero to hero. Onyx and Sun's mantles quickly fail and the two quickly crumble under the surge. Stefan's golem is obliterated by the attack, while Dragon is it by several arcs. A healthy dwarven constitution is the only thing that saves him from electrocution. Ceres takes the worst of the attack, as dozens of electrical tendrils rip apart her body. As the dust clears, only Stefan, Dragon, Saphire, and Blake are left standing.

"YOU DON'T GET TO DIE JUST YET GIRL!" shouts Dhalia as she ensnares Ceres in webbing and violently yanks her body towards her. She catches Ceres with one hand, holding her up by the neck as she brings the dagger up again. "CAN YOU SENSE THE IRONY HERE, STUPID GIRL?! EVERYTHING'S COME FULL CIRCLE!!!" As with Fate, the blade plunges into the mage deeply, thirstedly drinking her soul.

"NEXT?" asks Dhalia as she casually throws Cere's broken body off to the side.

===============================================

The calm face of Moon is the first thing Ceres sees as she awakens. "Wake up Ceres." Fate is standing next to the ranger goddess, looking quite confused as to what is happening.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

User avatar
asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 15481
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: The campfire .... mostly

Postby asandir » Dec 31 2007, 1:59

"Isn't this going swimmingly."
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

User avatar
The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 2179
Joined: 06 Nov 2006
Location: Chatham, Ontario, Canada

Postby The Mad Dragon » Dec 31 2007, 2:56

"How well do we know this foe? Is it possible that we could some how go into the ethereal realm and deal with her that way?"

User avatar
asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 15481
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: The campfire .... mostly

Postby asandir » Dec 31 2007, 3:40

"I suppose you could try, but she's right here, right now, and gonna kill us quick unless someone has a really good idea
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

User avatar
The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 2179
Joined: 06 Nov 2006
Location: Chatham, Ontario, Canada

Postby The Mad Dragon » Dec 31 2007, 3:48

"Well, I think I might have one final attempt. I'm going to need to heal myself first so then there's a little bit of a safety net. Basically, what I am thinking is if I can land my Quivering Palm strike on her, then there's a chance that I could kill her after that."

I first use my wholesome of body ability and heal 30 points of damage on myself.

"On second though, I think I'll go help the others with the elites. Trying to attack her 1 on 1 just doesn't seem to be working."

User avatar
winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 6191
Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Location: Puerto Rico

Postby winterfate » Jan 1 2008, 20:08

I look at Moon sadly and say, in a barely audible tone:

"Can you ever forgive me for not telling you what I feel..."

I trail off as I mute myself. ((go figure :tongue:))
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

User avatar
Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 2862
Joined: 23 Apr 2007
Location: Demonweb Pits

Postby Ceres » Jan 3 2008, 2:58

"Moon...?!" I ask in puzzlement and shock, "What is thi-"

Fate's presence halts me from asking, and as soon as I heard that he is talking I stand up and move a bit off them after offering a slight bow.

Then I'll probably observe the realm I'm in while waiting for Fate and Moon to finish their conversation.

((Hope this is good... :tired:))
Image

User avatar
asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 15481
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: The campfire .... mostly

Postby asandir » Jan 3 2008, 22:44

Invisibility 10' radius
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

User avatar
Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 6939
Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Location: Corner of your Eye

Postby Omega_Destroyer » Jan 5 2008, 1:43

As the group vanishes to the other Drow, Dhalia remains unimpressed. One of the long spider legs on her back begins to bob up and down. "FEAR NOT MY WARRIORS, SUCH A RUSE WILL NOT WORK AGAINST THE LIKES OF US! INVISIBILITY PURGE!" With that, the group reappears.

"Time to swing things in our favor." Saphire begins belting off a curse song, which causes some of the Drow elite to stumble around. One misguages Jade's distances, leaving him completely open to Jade's spear. The sight of a spear plunging into a neck of a commrade, distracts a second warrior; a costly error. Elvin's blade quickly removes the army of the soldier. Only Vlad remains opposed by an elite, who seems to be holding the winter-werewolf/warrior quite well.

As Dragon approaches the other elites to find someone to fight, a couple of the wizards begin to chant.

"THE LITTLE ONE WANTS TO PLAY WITH US NOW? TAKE CARE OF THIS RUBBISH!." Dhalia commands as she turns her back and heads for the alter.

"NO!!!" Jade shouts she yanks her spear out of the elite's neck, spraying blood all over her armor. "ELVIN! HURRY!!!"

As the warrior rushes off to confront Dhalia, a tiny dart strikes her right in the neck. "What the-" she asks as she grasps the dart and pulls it out. She staggers a few steps before collapsing.

Muerrick rests comfortably against a pillar as he watches Jade hit the ground. "Not so fast, love. You don't want to miss out on the festivities do you?"

==============================================

"Yes I can, Fate" Moon touches the ranger's cheek, "but there is no time to discuss such things." ((OCC: Neener, neener, neener, neener. :tonguehands:)) The goddess's gaze turns to the mageling. "You played your part very well. I could have not gotten this far without your help."

As the last of her words rest in the ears of the ranger and mage, the realm springs to life. The floor underneath the two is quickly replaced by hardy earth as tress of all shapes and sizes erupt around them. A faint, blue sky can be seen through the dense canopy and woodland critters appear seemingly from nowhere. Sunlight dances playfully through the trees, revealing the stunned faces of Fate and Ceres.

Platinum chainmail begins to form around the goddess, glistening in the sunlight as it covers her chest, shoulders, and legs. A shimmering arua envelopes the goddess, greatly enhancing her majesty. Silvery butterflies appear and begin to flutter around her and her hair radiates a pleasing glow. Moon looks pleased as she looks around her world.

"That's better. We should be getting close now."
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

User avatar
Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 5475
Joined: 27 Aug 2006

Postby Elvin » Jan 5 2008, 2:13

With a grim resolve I rush for a strike of opportunity in the priestess's back never looking bad. Once a few metres far from her I'll make a leaping attack to plunge the sword.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

User avatar
winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 6191
Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Location: Puerto Rico

Postby winterfate » Jan 5 2008, 2:26

I look at Moon surprised and ask.

"So...you planned this all along?"
The Round Table's birthday list!

Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!

You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan

Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

User avatar
Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 6939
Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Location: Corner of your Eye

Postby Omega_Destroyer » Jan 5 2008, 2:45

"Are you really that surprised, Fate? I am a goddess after all" Moon replies with a bright smile.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

User avatar
Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 2862
Joined: 23 Apr 2007
Location: Demonweb Pits

Postby Ceres » Jan 5 2008, 4:54

"This place gives you power?" I ask Moon in amazement as I glance around the realm.

"So by," I try to continue but with a low tone, "stealing your essence, you..."

My guts of talking to the goddess has diminished. Everything feels odd. My act of stealing her essence that suppose to down her had made an opposite effect. Dhalia had miscalculated then but for good or not, I still feel guilty for taking a part in stealing the goddess essence. I can't even look at her, instead I continue observing on the surrounding still puzzled, while waiting for an answer.
Image

User avatar
winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 6191
Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Location: Puerto Rico

Postby winterfate » Jan 5 2008, 23:52

I look at Moon and blush:

"You're right."

I regain my composure and ask:

"So...what's your plan exactly? You're still inside this knife for a reason, and I don't think it's because it's comfortable."

I grin cheerily at Moon and look around while I wait for the answer.
The Round Table's birthday list!

Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!

You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan

Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

User avatar
The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 2179
Joined: 06 Nov 2006
Location: Chatham, Ontario, Canada

Postby The Mad Dragon » Jan 6 2008, 2:59

Getting to the elites, I attack one with my fists of fury.

User avatar
Vlad976
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2779
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Baseship #640

Postby Vlad976 » Jan 6 2008, 7:18

A number of thoughts flash through my mind as I continue my fight, all regarding an analysis of my opponents' tendencies.

In the meantime, I'm going to take a more defensive approach to extend the length of the fight. Maybe an opportunity will present itself.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

User avatar
Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 2046
Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Location: One second away from where I was one second ago

Postby Sir William S Titan » Jan 7 2008, 19:47

"Well, we don't really want her to reach her destination, do we?"

I cast Solid Fog at a point about 10 feet in front of Dhalia.

"That should slow her down for a bit, I think."

I glance over to Vlad.

"I'm sure he could use some assistance. If you don't mind, Raign, let's go and help him out."

I look to stefan.

"Your assistance would be useful, too, if you would like to come along. I am not well trained with close-combat fighting. Maybe you are."

I turn towards Vlad, and start heading in his direction. When I get near enough, and, perhaps, still hidden, I cast Greater Heroism. I cast it so that my familiar is the one to deliver the touch spell. She delivers it to Vlad for me, then gets out of there as fast as she can.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

User avatar
Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 6939
Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Location: Corner of your Eye

Postby Omega_Destroyer » Jan 11 2008, 1:09

"There is no time to explain. Dhalia is close to the alter. Things are going to get bumpy" says the goddess as her world begins to swirl in color.

==============================================

Dhalia doesn't even seem fazed by the presence of the Wall of Fog as she effortlessly marches through it. She is now five feet away from the alter.

As the monk rushes the wizards, their chanting quickens in a vain attempt to cast their spells before contact. "Mar Volo Ben-" is all the closest can get out before a fist smashes his teeth down his throat. The wizard starts to gag at misfortune. As the monk turns to face the other, a dart barely misses his head, striking the other wizard square in the neck. The mage collapses instantly.

"Stupid dwarf" curses Muerrick under his breath.

Elsewhere, the last elite proves to be exceptionally difficult to read. Every faint, lunge, and hack is dodged, deflected, or blocked. As the attacks continue to be diverted, the Drow's energy seems to increase, making his attacks harder to avoid and much more deadly.

After a particularly brutal hit, Vlad is staggered several feet, accidentally colliding with the little familiar behind him. And then something clicks. When all else fails, use brute force. As the Drow moves in for a fatal strike, the opportunity is taken. With the power of the spell, Vlad is able to strike with enough force to cut through the warrior's shield. A surprised, bifircated elite slumps to the ground as blood spurts everywhere.

"HAHAHAHAHA" bellows Dhalia as she reaches the alter at last. "YOU HEROES WILL BE FOOD FOR MY QUEEN!!!"

The dagger plunges towards the alter.

"NNNOOOOOOO!!!!" Saphire screams as she watches on in terror.

"YESSSS!!!!" hisses Dhalia in triumpth.

The dagger begins to glow azure and shakes violently. Three streaks of light shoot out of the dagger. Ceres crashes hard to floor of the mound while Fate slams into one of the tombs. Moon stands on the alter, smiling at her nemesis.

"Hello Dhalia" she says as she kicks the dagger out of the avatar's hands. The blade lands near Muerrick. "It's nice to see a plan work isn't it?"

"IT SURE IS!" Dhalia says as she uses her spider legs to knock the goddess off the alter, sending her flying through the air. "I'LL JUST KILL YOU HERE AND OFFER UP YOUR BODY AS A SACRIFICE TO THE ALTER!!!"
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

User avatar
Vlad976
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2779
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Baseship #640

Postby Vlad976 » Jan 11 2008, 2:18

I'm going to move to intercept Muerrick in case he gets any ideas of using that dagger or letting anymore darts fly.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?

Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

User avatar
Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 2862
Joined: 23 Apr 2007
Location: Demonweb Pits

Postby Ceres » Jan 11 2008, 7:07

I immediately get up from the floor and observe the events. The dagger catches my attention and there is a sudden urge in me that I want to get it but as soon as I see Vlada's going to take care of it I focus on Dhalia.

"Mistress, I will not let you," I utter calmly.

A little idea drifts into my mind but I do not have time to analyze it so I just put it into rush.

I will cast Bigby's Grasping Hand targeting Dhalia. Successful or not, it will be followed by Disintegrate targeting the same person except if I am incapable to do so.
Image


Return to “Campfire”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests