Prices of new memory modules going to the heaven!

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Moderators, Celestial Heavens Staff

Pol
Admin
Admin

Prices of new memory modules going to the heaven!

Postby Pol » Mar 3 2012, 9:20

I just love these titles. Cannot have them enough. Anyway, it's true.

Elpida, one of biggest suppliers of memory modules, announced bankruptcy with enormous debt more than $1 billion in imminent debt payments.

Now the doom is beginning. The world is filled with vision of overpriced personal and non personal computers and this vision is horrid. Who will be the hero? :P

~source

Resume
So, if you waited for buying more DDR3 memory, the right time just slipped through your fingers or will within few remaining hours, the prices are recalculated as we speak.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Kalah
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kalah » Mar 3 2012, 11:36

Yes, it seems that since there are now fewer producers, supply will be lower and the prices will rise. Even if other producers start up, they may all use this as an excuse to increase prices temporarily.

However, I doubt prices will start to climb before the remaining stock from the bankrupted company has been sold off. The creditors will no doubt want to sell as much as possible in order to get some of their money back.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Postby ThunderTitan » Mar 3 2012, 21:43

What if i want DDR2?

I'll wait for the next gen consoles to come out to buy a new PC...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Postby BoardGuest808888 » Mar 27 2012, 9:48

That be wise. I me self prefer not to buy anything computer-related for (at least) the next 3 years (2015). Unless, somehow my current one exploded for too much trolling :-D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Postby ThunderTitan » Apr 1 2012, 13:18

Well i can't wait that much, my pc is almost 4 years old...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!

I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Campfire”