Simple Questions Simple Answers thread

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 3854
Joined: 06 Aug 2006
Location: City of Griffin
Contact:

Postby Avonu » Dec 1 2011, 15:28

I know but you can get scroll with that spell so you can get this skill to use even if you can't access to Fire Magic school.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 475
Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Location: Bulgaria
Contact:

Postby Naki » Dec 1 2011, 15:29

Avonu wrote:I know but you can get scroll with that spell so you can get this skill to use even if you can't access to Fire Magic school.

My question is not about scrolls, but the skills in the skill screen.
Thanks anyway.
May the Implosion be with you!

User avatar
Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 3854
Joined: 06 Aug 2006
Location: City of Griffin
Contact:

Postby Avonu » Dec 1 2011, 15:42

I think only Heroism and Charismatic Leader skills are not working for undead.

There is also Siege Master III which hurts all units adjacent to wall (and gate) on which catapult hits, even yours, so IMO it is another useless skill no matter what faction you are playing.

User avatar
Mirez
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1511
Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Postby Mirez » Dec 1 2011, 16:02

Avonu wrote:I think only Heroism and Charismatic Leader skills are not working for undead.

There is also Siege Master III which hurts all units adjacent to wall (and gate) on which catapult hits, even yours, so IMO it is another useless skill no matter what faction you are playing.

nope, somebody already found quite a good use for it, I don't remember the details though.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

User avatar
Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 3854
Joined: 06 Aug 2006
Location: City of Griffin
Contact:

Postby Avonu » Dec 1 2011, 21:02

It is me or bosses are not in game editor anymore?

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 475
Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Location: Bulgaria
Contact:

Postby Naki » Dec 2 2011, 10:10

Is there a Bless (Max damage) spell? Not a might/battle skill, but a spell?
If so, in which spell school is it?
Same for Curse?
Example how Bless works: A creature can do 20-45 damage in battle. You cast Bless on it, and now it will always do 45 damage (for a few battle turns).

Thanks!
May the Implosion be with you!

User avatar
Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight
Posts: 1817
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby Banedon » Dec 2 2011, 10:15

I'm pretty sure there is, it's named Flawless Assault.
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 475
Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Location: Bulgaria
Contact:

Postby Naki » Dec 2 2011, 10:47

Banedon wrote:I'm pretty sure there is, it's named Flawless Assault.

Which spell school?
I am playing the game in Russian, and there such a BATTLE skill, but it lasts just for 2 turns. So, I am asking if there is a MAGIC skill that lasts more, like 3/4/5 turns.
May the Implosion be with you!

User avatar
Ell1e
Scout
Scout
Posts: 195
Joined: 20 Oct 2011

Postby Ell1e » Dec 2 2011, 11:46

Nope, the only skill that does that is the battle skill you already mentioned. It's a blood skill, so I guess you can increase the duration if your hero is blood aligned.

As for a curse spell, I couldn't find one that does exactly the opposite of Flawless Assault, but there's Weakness from the dark magic school for lower damage in general.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 475
Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Location: Bulgaria
Contact:

Postby Naki » Dec 2 2011, 13:24

Ell1e wrote:Nope, the only skill that does that is the battle skill you already mentioned. It's a blood skill, so I guess you can increase the duration if your hero is blood aligned.

As for a curse spell, I couldn't find one that does exactly the opposite of Flawless Assault, but there's Weakness from the dark magic school for lower damage in general.

OK, thanks!
I was asking because there is such an option with Haste - there is a MAGIC spell and also a similar BATTLE/might skill.

Can you please elaborate on the Blood bonus?
I was not aware that it affects many skills... What exactly do I need to do to get that bonus, what skills/spells does it affect?
May the Implosion be with you!

User avatar
peta62
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 60
Joined: 13 Nov 2011

Postby peta62 » Dec 2 2011, 13:33

Naki wrote:
Can you please elaborate on the Blood bonus?
I was not aware that it affects many skills... What exactly do I need to do to get that bonus, what skills/spells does it affect?


Check "Abilities' Efficiency", page 240 in manual, it is 0.93 English version, I do not know where is it in Russian, I did not downloaded it yet, since it is not so easy for me to read it.

Edited : It is "Эффективность умений" page 246 in the Russian manual.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 475
Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Location: Bulgaria
Contact:

Postby Naki » Dec 2 2011, 14:52

peta62 wrote:
Naki wrote:
Can you please elaborate on the Blood bonus?
I was not aware that it affects many skills... What exactly do I need to do to get that bonus, what skills/spells does it affect?


Check "Abilities' Efficiency", page 240 in manual, it is 0.93 English version, I do not know where is it in Russian, I did not downloaded it yet, since it is not so easy for me to read it.

Edited : It is "Эффективность умений" page 246 in the Russian manual.

What manual? Do you mean the fan-made manual? My manual of the game, the official one, is just 23 pages. There is no page 246...
May the Implosion be with you!

User avatar
Pol
Admin
Admin
Posts: 9240
Joined: 29 Nov 2005
Location: IN SOMNIS VERITAS
Contact:

Postby Pol » Dec 2 2011, 15:32

Sure that fan made manual.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

User avatar
maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 562
Joined: 16 Jun 2006
Location: maltz

Postby maltz » Dec 2 2011, 17:26

What would happen if Ubisoft pays these (greatest ever) fans to make its official manual? Or people only do extraordinary work when they are not forced to. :D

User avatar
peta62
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 60
Joined: 13 Nov 2011

Postby peta62 » Dec 2 2011, 17:35

Pol wrote:Sure that fan made manual.


Exactly this one.
Thank you ;)

Edited : Just it is better to get its Russian version from docs.google.com. I had some problems from narod.ru.[/url]

User avatar
Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 3854
Joined: 06 Aug 2006
Location: City of Griffin
Contact:

Postby Avonu » Dec 2 2011, 17:59

I think it's better to use H6 Skill Summary - it's quicker and more intuitive.

User avatar
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 23263
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Now/here
Contact:

Postby ThunderTitan » Dec 3 2011, 20:38

Off topic:

Image

That's the most disturbing avatar i have seen on this forum...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Image

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 475
Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Location: Bulgaria
Contact:

Postby Naki » Dec 4 2011, 10:50

ThunderTitan wrote:Off topic:

Image

That's the most disturbing avatar i have seen on this forum...

It's not disturbing, it is funny! :D
May the Implosion be with you!

User avatar
peta62
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 60
Joined: 13 Nov 2011

Postby peta62 » Dec 4 2011, 15:37

Naki wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote:Off topic:

Image

That's the most disturbing avatar i have seen on this forum...

It's not disturbing, it is funny! :D


Thank you :D

User avatar
aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin
Posts: 258
Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Location: England

Postby aaelgr » Dec 4 2011, 21:55

How do you change from 1st Tears to 2nd Blood (or vice versa)? I know it's doable, but now that I've managed to get enough Blood for the 2nd class the button isn't there...
"Losing isn't learning to be lost, it's learning to know when you're lost"
Idlewild, 'The Modern Way Of Letting Go'


Return to “Heroes V-VI”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 24 guests