Diablo III

Because we play other games too.

Moderators: Moderators, Celestial Heavens Staff

User avatar
Chai26
Druid
Druid
Posts: 868
Joined: 30 Jan 2006
Location: Midnight Island, Abarat

Postby Chai26 » Aug 18 2007, 5:41

Old_Man wrote:And that is what is annoying about Blizzard, is that they seem to have put so much energy into WoW, that they are not paying too much attention to their other games, like the Diablo series and Starcraft.


i agree, but still i love stacraft more than diablo, played diablo way too many times
Voodoo Child
Some say, he/she sucks the moisture out of ducks.

User avatar
Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight
Posts: 2205
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Tower Grump

Postby Grumpy Old Wizard » Aug 18 2007, 6:08

Well, Blizzard announced Starcraft 2 already, so they are putting energy there. They also said they are working on a third project but haven't said what that is. Hopefully it is Diablo3.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

User avatar
Old_Man
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 98
Joined: 17 Aug 2007

Postby Old_Man » Aug 18 2007, 6:58

Well, in my opinion, I think that they should put more energy into making another Diablo game.

The Diablo series seems to be more popular, since it was made before Starcraft came out, and there are two games, instead of just having Starcraft, so Diablo and Diablo2 have got more popularity then Starcraft, in my opinion and from what I have seen.

But hey, don't get me wrong, Starcraft is an absolutely brilliant game, and I would love to see and play Starcraft 2.
I make music because I want to, not because I have to.

If you don't have fun doing something then it's best to move onto something else.

User avatar
Chai26
Druid
Druid
Posts: 868
Joined: 30 Jan 2006
Location: Midnight Island, Abarat

Postby Chai26 » Aug 18 2007, 10:49

when i introduced diablo 2 to my friends, they couldnt stop playing until act 4 in the "Chaos Sanctuary" where diablo send their souls packing :devious: :devious:
Voodoo Child

Some say, he/she sucks the moisture out of ducks.

User avatar
Old_Man
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 98
Joined: 17 Aug 2007

Postby Old_Man » Aug 18 2007, 11:53

Lol, Act 4 is actually pretty simple, but you do have to stay away from the Death Knights, because they cast Life Tap, and that is why so many actually die there.

If you have good gear, good defense, then you will be able to beat them easily.

You need to have some good physical Auras, but defensive can be good as well.


Perhaps this could be used in a more appropriate thread?

Is there a Diablo 2 thread so we can discuss about Diablo 2?
I make music because I want to, not because I have to.



If you don't have fun doing something then it's best to move onto something else.

User avatar
Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight
Posts: 2205
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Tower Grump

Postby Grumpy Old Wizard » Aug 18 2007, 12:14

Yeah, you just have to take it slow in the Chaos Sanctuary if you are using a melee character. Advance slowly and lure the monsters away from the OKs.

Barbarians can use beserk and their crowd control war cries to help separate the crowds. Most barbarians I have seen don't make use of their warcries enough. Taunt especially. Barbarians are one of my favorite characters!

Zealots use low physical damage/high elemental damage weapon just in case. Werewolves same approach.

Werebears use their shock wave. Hunger attack is also useful here.

Ranged Amazons should always take a point in freeze arrow and their valkarie/decoy/slow missile spell will be useful too.

I've played a lot of single player games as well as battlenet. With a little patience and strategy any character class can do the Chaos sanctuary.

Edit: there is no diablo2 thread, only diablo thread. I think it is ok to keep talking about diablo 2 here to keep down the number of threads. It is not like diablo 2 is about to come out. :)

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."

Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

User avatar
Old_Man
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 98
Joined: 17 Aug 2007

Postby Old_Man » Aug 18 2007, 12:22

Yeah, you just have to take it slow in the Chaos Sanctuary if you are using a melee character. Advance slowly and lure the monsters away from the OKs.


I can't do anything else but agree with you.

Melee characters are not so good against the monsters that cast spells, or have auras.
However, having your a Melee with an offensive Aura can be a good thing.

Paladins, such as Tesladins, or even Hammerdins are good against such monsters, like what is in the Chaos Sanctuary.

Just take it nice and slow, and you shall progress very nicely.

If you are on battle.net, make sure you do some Chaos Runs if you like to level, because Chaos Sanctuary is a very very good place for getting crazy amounts of experience.

At about Level 70 however, you should move onto Baal.

Barbarians can use beserk and their crowd control war cries to help separate the crowds. Most barbarians I have seen don't make use of their warcries enough. Taunt especially. Barbarians are one of my favorite characters!


Seperating the crowds is always a good thing.

Perhaps even leaping out of there, and then start going haywire with their attacks (especially duel wielding Barbarians), and then quickly kill the enemy.

Barbarian's Leap skill is actually pretty useful if you are surrounded.

But separating the crowds is essential.

Perhaps getting a Mercenary to deal with one crowd, and then you deal with the other, might be a good idea.
But make sure that your Mercenary is of high level, and has good gear.

For me, I personally like having the Act 2 Defensive Aura Merc, because they are, in my opinion, very strong, and are very handy, especially when you need to get your defense increased.

The Act 2 Defensive Aura, added with Paladins Holy Shield can be a very good way of surviving.

Zealots use low physical damage/high elemental damage weapon just in case. Werewolves same approach.


I've played a lot of single player games as well as battlenet. With a little patience and strategy any character class can do the Chaos sanctuary.


Yep, you are correct here.

Good to see that you know the game pretty well.

On most forums, some people are just newbies, and it is a bit annoying.
I make music because I want to, not because I have to.



If you don't have fun doing something then it's best to move onto something else.

User avatar
Chai26
Druid
Druid
Posts: 868
Joined: 30 Jan 2006
Location: Midnight Island, Abarat

Postby Chai26 » Aug 18 2007, 12:48

actually i find using the assassin the most satisfying and easiest to use, i dont know about you guys but i find her the best! :D
Voodoo Child

Some say, he/she sucks the moisture out of ducks.

User avatar
Old_Man
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 98
Joined: 17 Aug 2007

Postby Old_Man » Aug 18 2007, 12:52

Actually, to be perfectly honest, I have never played that much with Assasin, and I don't play on playing with it, because, in my opinion, it is not as good as the other character classes, but that is only from my experience and my opinion.

I actually find Paladin easiest to play with, and then probably Barbarian after that.
I make music because I want to, not because I have to.



If you don't have fun doing something then it's best to move onto something else.

User avatar
Chai26
Druid
Druid
Posts: 868
Joined: 30 Jan 2006
Location: Midnight Island, Abarat

Postby Chai26 » Aug 18 2007, 13:37

Old_Man wrote:
I actually find Paladin easiest to play with, and then probably Barbarian after that.


paladin? i don't really like playing that guy, find it quite hard, one of my friend love him tho
Voodoo Child

Some say, he/she sucks the moisture out of ducks.

User avatar
Old_Man
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 98
Joined: 17 Aug 2007

Postby Old_Man » Aug 18 2007, 13:40

Well I find Paladins quite easy, and they are a very strong Character Class.

Don't put any skill points into Energy, put them in Strength and Vitality, and some into Dex.

Try to keep Dexterity pretty close to Strength and Vitality.

The reason to have alot of Vitality, is because As a Paladin, you will mostly be a Melee Fighter (but not all the time), so a lot of Life is going to come in handy.

Strength is of course needed, to handle all the different weapons, shields and armour.

You should give Paladins another try, and try following some of the things I have told you.

Well that is, if you still play this game.
I make music because I want to, not because I have to.



If you don't have fun doing something then it's best to move onto something else.

User avatar
Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight
Posts: 2205
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Tower Grump

Postby Grumpy Old Wizard » Aug 18 2007, 15:11

I like assassins. :) They have a lot of one point wonder skills. Cloak of shadows and mind blast are great and the shadow warrior/master can help with even a single point invested.

Before the reset I had a high level kicker on ladder. She used blade of fury (one point wonder) to help in the CS along with her crowd control. She could solo the Ubers. She needs pretty good gear though to do that (crushing blow gear and resistance charms.)

Another favorite sin build is the lightning trapper with fireblast for backup. She really doesn't need good gear at all (you can shop for +3 trap claws and gamble +3 trap amulet without too much trouble.)

Hammerdins are gods. They can go anywheres and wipe out everything with their hammers. Closed spaces like the maggot lair slow them down a little but once you get used to where your hammers spawn even those aren't so hard. Plus you can use smite as a backup there. There are lots of good paladin builds. I like freeze zealots, especially with crushing blow gear.

Paladins with all their auras are also very party friendly. Though runewords have made many of their auras available for other classes now.

I hope that in D3 class skills are given away with runewords. New skills that can only come from runewords could be introduced instead of giving away some of the best skills of other classes.

Don't put any skill points into Energy, put them in Strength and Vitality, and some into Dex.


Yeah, Holy Shield means you can get by with very minimal dexterity investment unless you want to use a high dex weapon.

I wish the Ubers were available in single player games. There is a mod for it but from what I hear it doesn't put the Ubers' minions into the game.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."

Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

User avatar
winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 6191
Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Location: Puerto Rico

Postby winterfate » Aug 18 2007, 16:42

I don't really like assasins to be honest...:S

GOW wrote:Hammerdins are gods. They can go anywheres and wipe out everything with their hammers. Closed spaces like the maggot lair slow them down a little but once you get used to where your hammers spawn even those aren't so hard. Plus you can use smite as a backup there. There are lots of good paladin builds. I like freeze zealots, especially with crushing blow gear.


:yes:
However, hammerdins have gotten bad rep because most people who use them are jerks (Hammerdins are really hard to beat in PvP with most other classes).

Nothing like going into a game and getting called out by a hammerdin to fight him and then called one of many names because you don't want to.
:disagree:

Hammerdin > 90% of the other classes in D2

Magic damage FTW! :D


I love helping sorceresses with my Conviction Aura. :)



I hope that in D3 class skills are given away with runewords. New skills that can only come from runewords could be introduced instead of giving away some of the best skills of other classes.


Great idea! :yes:

Before the reset I had a high level kicker on ladder. She used blade of fury (one point wonder) to help in the CS along with her crowd control. She could solo the Ubers. She needs pretty good gear though to do that (crushing blow gear and resistance charms.)


Oh! I've been meaning to ask:

What are your guys accounts? And, what realm do you guys play? :oex:

I play in US East, on Ladder.

Account Name: arko88

If you ever see that account logged in, then that's me. ;)
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

User avatar
Old_Man
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 98
Joined: 17 Aug 2007

Postby Old_Man » Aug 18 2007, 17:05


I wish the Ubers were available in single player games. There is a mod for it but from what I hear it doesn't put the Ubers' minions into the game.



Yeah, that would be awesome actually.

I had a misfortune of going into a game, when I was a curious newbie, and was looking to fight an uber with a couple of people.

I got killed several times, and I just left the game.

I was pretty embarrassed of getting killed so much.

I would however, love to play the Ubers in Single Player, I think it would be more of a challenge.

And I play on US_West.

I have never played on US_East.
I make music because I want to, not because I have to.



If you don't have fun doing something then it's best to move onto something else.

User avatar
Chai26
Druid
Druid
Posts: 868
Joined: 30 Jan 2006
Location: Midnight Island, Abarat

Postby Chai26 » Aug 18 2007, 17:52

never did play on battlenet, i admit i am afraid to play there.......... :baby:
Voodoo Child

Some say, he/she sucks the moisture out of ducks.

User avatar
Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight
Posts: 2205
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Tower Grump

Postby Grumpy Old Wizard » Aug 18 2007, 17:56

Well, I just loged in and all my characters have expired. :)

I play on east. I toyed around with Europe some.

My accounts always begin with grumpy. It looks like the only account I have left now is grumpyme but the characters are all expired.

With TOTE and NWN2:Mask of the Betrayer coming out soon I'm not likely to invest time into the new ladder for a while though talking about diablo is getting me wanting to play again. :) Single player is the only non-ladder I play. Diablo and HOMM have both given me countless hours of gameplay. I've gotten my money's worth and them some. :)

If you don't know about them, you might want to check out a couple of good diablo sites that I visit from time to time:

http://www.diabloii.net/
http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."

Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

User avatar
winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 6191
Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Location: Puerto Rico

Postby winterfate » Aug 20 2007, 3:13

GOW wrote:Well, I just loged in and all my characters have expired. :)


Ouch! :S

I had the second worst thing.
I took a 2 month break from D2. Around mid-July I decided to log in again. Voila! All of my characters had been taken off the ladder, due to the reset.
:wall:

With TOTE and NWN2:Mask of the Betrayer coming out soon I'm not likely to invest time into the new ladder for a while though talking about diablo is getting me wanting to play again.


I know the feeling. :)
I haven't played NWN2 though, and am thinking of holding out a bit for ToTE.
I have played NWN1 though. It's pretty good, IMO.

Thanks for the links! :D

General Notice:

My sorc is now at 67. :D
That's the part where I start running Baal at Nightmare to try to get some stuff. ;)
The Round Table's birthday list!

Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!

You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan

Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

User avatar
Old_Man
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 98
Joined: 17 Aug 2007

Postby Old_Man » Aug 20 2007, 6:00

Actually, at level 70 is when you should start doing Baal runs and getting items and all that.
I make music because I want to, not because I have to.



If you don't have fun doing something then it's best to move onto something else.

User avatar
winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 6191
Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Location: Puerto Rico

Postby winterfate » Aug 20 2007, 20:09

@Old_Man: Thanks for the tip! :)

Why do you say that though?
If it's damage related, my blizzard does 3.2k-3.4k damage. :D

I've yet to make a character that can solo Hell Baal though...:(

Baal is easy...getting to him is not. ;)
The Round Table's birthday list!

Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!

You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan

Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

User avatar
Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight
Posts: 2205
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Tower Grump

Postby Grumpy Old Wizard » Aug 20 2007, 21:42

winterfate wrote:@Old_Man: Thanks for the tip! :)

Why do you say that though?
If it's damage related, my blizzard does 3.2k-3.4k damage. :D

I've yet to make a character that can solo Hell Baal though...:(

Baal is easy...getting to him is not. ;)


Well, there are lots of character that can solo Baal. Some <ahem, hammergod> are easier than others.

A single element sorceress will have some trouble. Although I think the cold immunes in Baal's minions are mostly confined to the second wave skeletons. A merc with good gear can help out there.

I prefer dual tree sorceresses. Try Blizzard/firewall or meteor orb or maybe a blizzard-fireball (need a little better gear on this one.) They can run anywheres in the game.

If you go pure blizzard then Mephisto will probably be your main magic find boss.

Try here for some sorceress guides:
http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=427018

For melee classes getting a lot of crushing blow helps.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."

Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."


Return to “Hall of the Heretics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest