Diablo III

Because we play other games too.

Moderators: Moderators, Celestial Heavens Staff

User avatar
Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight
Posts: 2205
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Tower Grump

Postby Grumpy Old Wizard » May 21 2007, 13:17

ThunderTitan wrote:As if there are more then 2-3 good builds for each class anyhow.


Every class can't kill as fast as the overpowered hammerdin but there's a good bit more than 2-3 good builds for each class IMHO.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

User avatar
Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot
Posts: 6524
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Location: Florianópolis - Brasil

Postby Panda Tar » May 21 2007, 16:19

I often try finding a good path beyond the worst skills of each character, in a hopeful attempt to find the goodness of those...but in D2, some combinations looked rather impossible to improve. :D

I'd like skills to be unique as GOW said as well, and other movements to improve interactivity, like jumping over obstacles and such. In general, something next to Resident Evil 4 interactivity, but you may execute them willingly, and not only certain spots. You could dodge, crawl, jump, making the maps with geographic levels, etc. Destroying cabins, houses, trees, bridges, etc, and crossing rivers by foot or swimming (for that, some aquatic demons would fit as well) could be added.

Dunno. I just feel as if D2 was too much clicking, even when using the keyboard.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

User avatar
Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot
Posts: 6524
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Location: Florianópolis - Brasil

Postby Panda Tar » May 21 2007, 16:29

How will StarCraft II be different from StarCraft?

StarCraft II will run on a vibrant new 3D-graphics engine that will be capable of rendering beautiful landscapes as well as massive individual units and army sizes.

We're also introducing a number of distinct new units to the Protoss, Terran, and Zerg, and even some of the familiar units that return in StarCraft II will have new tricks up their sleeves, which will give the game its own unique flavor.


What a difference... ;| I can't even say what I'd expect from them to be really new anyway.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

User avatar
Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 6939
Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Location: Corner of your Eye

Postby Omega_Destroyer » May 21 2007, 16:48

No kidding. But I guess it doesn't matter seeing as how the game will be a blockbuster regardless.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

User avatar
winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 6191
Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Location: Puerto Rico

Postby winterfate » May 21 2007, 23:55

Omega wrote:No kidding. But I guess it doesn't matter seeing as how the game will be a blockbuster regardless.


I agree!
Blizzard has a great track record, so I don't doubt that SC2 will be awesome!

I can't wait...:oex:
Diablo 3 would be nice though...:(

MistWeaver wrote:Its not. Just no month fee.


Oops...yup, you're right. I didn't clarify what I meant by free... 8|

Rejoice that there is something that, unlike your will-power, can save your social life.


*starts rejoicing* :)
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

User avatar
asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 15481
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: The campfire .... mostly

Postby asandir » May 22 2007, 0:35

I'm not rejoicing, not because sc2 won't be great, I'm sure it will be, more because I'm unlikely to play it, so I woulda preferred DIII, oh well, in a few more years perhaps
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

User avatar
Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight
Posts: 2205
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Tower Grump

Postby Grumpy Old Wizard » May 22 2007, 6:30

There are rumors that D3 and a WOW expansion will be announced at Blizzcon in August.

http://www.pcgames.de/?article_id=601702

We shall see.

If not, maybe TQ will continue to be developed. And of course, maybe Hellgate will go to the Guild Wars way of doing things instead of the silly elite/free player concept.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."

Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

User avatar
asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 15481
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: The campfire .... mostly

Postby asandir » May 22 2007, 7:05

there are always rumours :)
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

User avatar
Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot
Posts: 6524
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Location: Florianópolis - Brasil

Postby Panda Tar » May 22 2007, 11:14

Yep. I've heard rumours that even before lauching D3, will have D4. :devious:

Of course, that's not true :proud: ... :| ... is it? ;|
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

User avatar
D2 MOD player
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 7
Joined: 16 May 2007

Postby D2 MOD player » May 22 2007, 18:33

I think the Titan Quest skills and skill systems are nice as well, would like a game that's a little darker though. Dungeon crawls are supposed to actually look like dungeons and not a happy fairyland. But I still love the game.

I mentioned Everquest because back in the day, not even Ultima Online could compete with it. That started the crack term. EverCRACK. That's why they call World of Warcraft WarCRACK. It's just everquest 2 that isn't as popular. I heard if you have ADD (attention deficit disorder) your more likely to be addicted to MMO's so it's a major problem with some individuals. And, as I suspected before, it can act just like gambling addiction. I'm sure though, since I have a more active social life, if I played an MMO, I would still function as a good member society. It's only a problem with SOME individuals.

I also, as mentioned by others, don't want to feel an obligation to play again because it has monthly rates. There are other games out there I like to OFTEN play. I don't play games just so I can feel I got a good deal that month.

User avatar
asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 15481
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: The campfire .... mostly

Postby asandir » May 28 2007, 0:52

well I was addicted to Quake ][ before MMO's ever really graced us with their presence .... but then I'm old school! :D ;)
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

User avatar
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster
Posts: 23261
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Now/here
Contact:

Postby ThunderTitan » May 28 2007, 8:55

stefan.urlus wrote:well I was addicted to Quake ][ before MMO's ever really graced us with their presence .... but then I'm old school! :D ;)


Pfft... i remember getting my @$$ kicked at Quake 1 by a guy that a year later got taken out by 1 Dark Templar while playing the Zerg (overlords anyone) because "i never played BW", as if the vanilla game didn't have invisible units. Man, being a n00b suckz...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Image

User avatar
Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot
Posts: 6524
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Location: Florianópolis - Brasil

Postby Panda Tar » May 28 2007, 13:44

ThunderTitan wrote:Man, being a n00b suckz...


Yeah, but I started rejoycing that after playing Gunbound. :D It was just the fun when we started messing up the game due lack of aimming and the other fanatic players started complaining and crying...it was even better when no one was playing good and we ended up winning. :-D

Oh, those were nice times...I think I'll go back playing Gunbound a little. Playing bad, I mean, so I can laugh a bit. :devious:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

User avatar
Old_Man
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 98
Joined: 17 Aug 2007

Postby Old_Man » Aug 17 2007, 7:21

Funny how I have not known about this info until now.

I am actually pretty good at Diablo 2.

I have a level 87 Tesladin (Paladin), Tesladin is holy shock + zeal, and I also use Holy Shield with that as well, and I also have another Tesladin, level 80 though.

I was pissed off that the ladder got reset, so I stopped playing for a while, and right now I am having a break.

I can't wait for Diablo 3 though.



~Edit~


I have some ideas for Diablo III that I think would be good.

Here are just some of them:

Weapons, Armour, Shields, etc:

-Being able to make your own Weapons.

You might be able to find parts of steel, or iron, and perhaps, with a *Blacksmithing* skill, you would be able to make a weapon from it, or maybe armor from it. You might be able to use runes or gems to imbue into them while you are making them, to create magic swords or armor.

-Being able to wear more then 1 armor.

Perhaps being able to wear something like chain mail, and then being able to wear Plate Mail over the top of that might come in useful. Although, in Real Life, that might seem heavy, we could counter the fact, that you would need to have High Strength in order to be able to wear two at once.

-Being able to Duel-Wield on different character classes, other then Barbarian.

What I mean, is for, let's say a Paladin, I could wield two swords at once, or maybe if I am a smiter, I could wield 2 Shields at once.


These are just some basic ideas, I might add more if you like?
I make music because I want to, not because I have to.

If you don't have fun doing something then it's best to move onto something else.

User avatar
winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 6191
Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Location: Puerto Rico

Postby winterfate » Aug 17 2007, 18:57

Old_Man wrote:Funny how I have not known about this info until now.

I am actually pretty good at Diablo 2.

I have a level 87 Tesladin (Paladin), Tesladin is holy shock + zeal, and I also use Holy Shield with that as well, and I also have another Tesladin, level 80 though.

I was pissed off that the ladder got reset, so I stopped playing for a while, and right now I am having a break.

I can't wait for Diablo 3 though.



I HATED the ladder reset...:sad:

In this new season, I have a Blizzard Sorceress and an Avenger (Conviction + Vengeance).

The Sorc is 41
The Pally is 74

However, college has kinda gotten in the way of me playing as much as I used to. :(

Btw, nice ideas!

Lol at the two shield smiter idea. ;)
It would look silly, but you would be nearly indestructible. :D
The Round Table's birthday list!

Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!

You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan

Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

User avatar
Old_Man
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 98
Joined: 17 Aug 2007

Postby Old_Man » Aug 17 2007, 19:27

I actually thought that Blizzard were too caught up in WoW to pay any attention to Diablo2, but I thought wrong.

That Ladder rest was out of the blue, and it annoyed the hell out of me.

Thanks btw.

Yeah, I guess a Smiter with two shields would be indestructible, lol.


It would be cool, if, when you died, you were able to take over your 'Merc', and then you could battle through the monsters in order to resurrect your dead body, and then you start over again.

Perhaps, you might be able to carry a certain amount of Resurrection Potions at a certain time, and when you run out, you have to play as your merc, and try to buy some more.
I make music because I want to, not because I have to.



If you don't have fun doing something then it's best to move onto something else.

User avatar
Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight
Posts: 2205
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Tower Grump

Postby Grumpy Old Wizard » Aug 17 2007, 20:46

I wouldn't mind a crafting system if you couldn't create uber weapons with it. One of the great things about diablo for me is the continual search for better gear. I like for great gear to be rare so it is exciting when you find it. Maybe a skill that lets you repair your weapons. That would be nice for classes like zealots that can wear out weapons fast. Although money for repairs isn't really hard to come by.

I hope dual wielding remains the domain of barbarians. I like for the classes to be very distinct from each other.

I would like the ability to transfer gear between any characters in your account(s.) That would stop the need for making mule games to transfer your stuff and keep you from losing gear if the game crashes.

I also hope that Blizzard makes Diablo3 in such a way that duping can't be done.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."

Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

User avatar
winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 6191
Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Location: Puerto Rico

Postby winterfate » Aug 18 2007, 1:21

GOW wrote:I wouldn't mind a crafting system if you couldn't create uber weapons with it. One of the great things about diablo for me is the continual search for better gear. I like for great gear to be rare so it is exciting when you find it. Maybe a skill that lets you repair your weapons. That would be nice for classes like zealots that can wear out weapons fast. Although money for repairs isn't really hard to come by.


I agree, and also add that money is virtually useless in D2...so for 3, I hope they make it so you can get (at least) some half-decent equipment with the cash at shops. It's kinda ridiculous to have 5,000,000 gold and not be able to do much with it (except Gamble and hope you get something good).

I hope dual wielding remains the domain of barbarians. I like for the classes to be very distinct from each other.


:yes:
Me too.

I would like the ability to transfer gear between any characters in your account(s.) That would stop the need for making mule games to transfer your stuff and keep you from losing gear if the game crashes.


That would be cool. Especially considering that trust is something scarce on Bnet nowadays. :S

I also hope that Blizzard makes Diablo3 in such a way that duping can't be done.


As do I. However, IIRC, most dupe exploits are through lag. You can't completely eliminate lag in a network/internet game, so I don't think the duping can ever be stopped.

Of course, I could be wrong (I hope I am, to be honest.) :)
The Round Table's birthday list!

Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!

You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan

Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

User avatar
Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 6939
Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Location: Corner of your Eye

Postby Omega_Destroyer » Aug 18 2007, 4:27

Ah, good ol' Avenger class. Very little could stand up to that.

Blizzard certainly likes to move at a snail's pace for their non-WoW games.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

User avatar
Old_Man
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 98
Joined: 17 Aug 2007

Postby Old_Man » Aug 18 2007, 5:24

And that is what is annoying about Blizzard, is that they seem to have put so much energy into WoW, that they are not paying too much attention to their other games, like the Diablo series and Starcraft.
I make music because I want to, not because I have to.



If you don't have fun doing something then it's best to move onto something else.


Return to “Hall of the Heretics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests