It's oficial, marketing departments are full of idiots.

Because we play other games too.

Moderators: Moderators, Celestial Heavens Staff

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

It's oficial, marketing departments are full of idiots.

Postby ThunderTitan » Apr 27 2006, 18:04

Guess what the new name of the Nintendo Revolution is!

Wii, of course!

What the heck is with this people... do they just get wasted in order to come up with ideeas?

Didn't they see the latest South Park episode?! You get high to reward urself for having a good ideea, not to have an ideea.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Postby Gaidal Cain » Apr 27 2006, 18:39

I'll have to agree with you. "Wii has a distinctive "ii" spelling". Yeah, it's certainly distictive in it's shear uglyness. Looks like an acronym more than a proper name, and not a particularly good one at that...

Oh, and I moved this one to the Hall of Heretics. Though if you had a mind about a thread about marketing-bashing, I'll move it back.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Postby ThunderTitan » Apr 27 2006, 18:59

Lets first see how it shapes up. Then we can see where it belongs.

:D

"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Postby DaemianLucifer » Apr 27 2006, 19:05

But Wii sounds so cool!I mean when I hear how it rings in my ears I think...errr...I think....What the hell is that Wii for?!! :disagree:

Here and here you can learn more about stupid marketing.

Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Postby Derek » Apr 27 2006, 19:25

Gah...

Yeah, I'm willing to let Big N here slide just a bit. Let's not forget how weird the 'Gameboy Pocket' sounded when it lauched or the 'Virtual Boy'. Honestly, thinking about this whole thing just creeps me out.
Hell has frozen over...

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Postby theLuckyDragon » Apr 27 2006, 20:46

I, for one, never ever had anything to do with anything different from a PC. So I really couldn't care less. ;|
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Postby ThunderTitan » Apr 27 2006, 20:53

But it's contagios. This must be stopped right now...

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Postby Corribus » Apr 27 2006, 22:21

Sadly, Nintendo is a has-been company. Their marketing department has been screwing them for years; I don't see why this console should be any different.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Postby ThunderTitan » Apr 27 2006, 22:35

Funny thing. Nintendo is the only one who actualy makes a profit from selling consoles.

LordHoborgXVII
Scout
Scout

Postby LordHoborgXVII » Apr 28 2006, 1:10

Yeah I've seen Wii, and have to agree that it is so ridiculous it is funny. In any case, not only game systems but games themselves are suffering from poor marketing and titling. Take Heroes of Annhiliated Empires for one. Whoever came up with that name, is hopeless.

The Nintendo Revolution is destined to fail, I think. It sounds like an interesting idea at first, but its applicability is too limited to make it any better than the conventional systems. And plus Nintendo's days are long over.

@Thunder Titan,
But then again, that seems that way because Microsoft is a "loss leader", they reduce their prices below production price so more people will buy. It's supposed to help their popularity to a certain extent.
Happy Millenium!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Postby ThunderTitan » Apr 28 2006, 1:49

You must have skipped economics class. It doesn't "seem" that way, it is.

See MS and Sony can afford selling at a loss, coz they get money from other stuff, but as long as Nintendo keeps making a profit MS and Sony are only fighting eachother, as N isn't gonna go bankrupt. Not unless they eff up somewhere else.

And the thing with consoles is that they succed or fail maynly based on their games. And prob web MP this next gen. And I belive Nintendo has Resident Evil exclusive, so while it might not be 1st or 2nd as long as they make a profit they'll be fine.

That doesn't excuse having a marketing department full of idiots, but whatever... :devil:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Postby ThunderTitan » Apr 28 2006, 13:14

Been waiting for this one: :devil:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Postby DaemianLucifer » Apr 28 2006, 13:19

Heh,well Im sure lots of teenagers (and some older guys as well :devil: )would rush to buy vagina as soon as it hits the stores :devil:

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Postby Orfinn » Apr 28 2006, 13:25

Hehe, nice one :D

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Postby Corribus » Apr 28 2006, 14:13

ThunderTitan wrote:You must have skipped economics class. It doesn't "seem" that way, it is.

See MS and Sony can afford selling at a loss, coz they get money from other stuff, but as long as Nintendo keeps making a profit MS and Sony are only fighting eachother, as N isn't gonna go bankrupt. Not unless they eff up somewhere else.

That is grossly oversimplified.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Postby Derek » Apr 28 2006, 14:44

Corribus wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote:You must have skipped economics class. It doesn't "seem" that way, it is.

That is grossly oversimplified.

You're more than welcome to unsimplify it.
Hell has frozen over...

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Postby Corribus » Apr 28 2006, 14:57

Derek wrote:You're more than welcome to unsimplify it.

I thought about it, but then it seemed like too much effort. It's been a rough week...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Postby ThunderTitan » Apr 28 2006, 15:06

Corribus wrote:That is grossly oversimplified.

Pardon me for not starting a whole lecture on economic theory. And i'm pretty sure that you either make a profit or you don't. Unless ur Enron. :devil:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Postby DaemianLucifer » Apr 28 2006, 15:09

Corribus not wanting to complicate things in an incredebly long post?! :| That must have been one hell of a rough week!

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Postby Corribus » Apr 28 2006, 15:29

DaemianLucifer wrote:Corribus not wanting to complicate things in an incredebly long post?! :| That must have been one hell of a rough week!

You have no idea. :)

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”