71%
Makes me scream for Grom Hellscream!
29%

Total votes: 14

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Postby Banedon » Feb 24 2012, 17:43

Do you play a lot? If yes, I'll find space on my friend's list for you. What's your playtimes, playing skill, area of interest in PvE, character class, etc?

You can add me too @ Jeydra Evenstar. I play both PvE and PvP.
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Postby ThunderTitan » Feb 24 2012, 20:26

Lately i have played a bunch... but i usually play if i have someone to play with...

BTW, what's with the item system... coloured items don't actually seem to be any better then whites...

Also, i only have Prophecies and Factions... EotN i can't find in any shops over here... and i dislike not having the CD...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Postby Banedon » Feb 25 2012, 16:28

The coloured items are definitely better than whites generally because they come with better mods, but you can make blues and purples just as good as them. That personally is a beautiful thing of Guild Wars: the playing field is (almost - there are a few exceptions) level across the board, and the only real difference is cosmetics.

Not having EotN is going to suck especially for PvE because so many of the strongest skills in the game are from EotN @_@
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Postby ThunderTitan » Feb 25 2012, 21:49

Oh, so having a blue with the same mods as a green isn't unusual then... still weird that they use different colours then... i would have understood it better is they had more mods or something...

But i too prefer a system like NWN (D&D 3.5) had for items... the more advanced one had the same base dmg, and over that they had better modifiers...

And i can always buy EotN from the online store, but i like having a disk...

Oh, and to get the Drunkard, Sweeth Tooth and Party Animal titles for no gold you can make a pre-searing character and farm those collectable stuff to give to Nicholas Sandford in the Secret Garden... type /bonus to get an imp that makes killing things easy.

"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Postby Banedon » Feb 27 2012, 14:52

Well I guess it's personal preference. I dislike heavy grind, so rare weapons being stronger than common ones I'd rather not have. But there are more advanced weapons in Guild Wars, e.g. it's perfectly possible to find a non-max damage weapon, which will be inferior.

Not having EotN really sucks for PvE :(

I can probably buy Sweet Tooth as this point, I just haven't done it yet. If I do, what else is there for me to do? :D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Postby ThunderTitan » Feb 27 2012, 19:33

Well there wouldn't be any grind, the weapons would drop normally during the course of level appropriate content...

And all the modifiers would only provide small advantages that while felt, wont matter as much as playing well...

And like in D&D 3.5, the weapon will always have the same base dmg... so at the same level even the worst weapon would give you enough dmg to count.

And i got EotN... ordered it off a local site, went top get it... and it turns out that they only have the Platinum edition, for the same price, and now i kinda wasted a Prophecies because i already have it...

Interesting that the game actually prompts you to make a new account if you put in a code with stuff you already have... and then you need to write Add in a box and say ok to activate the rest...

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Postby Banedon » Apr 15 2012, 0:39

Well GW2 is available for preorder now. Maybe after this it means I'll finally change the games I play (which have been Guild Wars + Heroes of Newerth for years). I mean there've been plenty of good games released recently, but I somehow never got around to buying them - or if I bought them, I somehow never got around to playing them.

I'm debating whether or not to preorder. The price tag is not cheap, but there are a few advantages to preordering. I'm also a bit curious what I'll play. The professions are Warrior, Engineer, Guardian, Elementalist, Necromancer, Thief, Ranger, and Mesmer. I have no idea what their relative balance is, and only a little idea what their playstyles are. I played Elementalist all throughout GW1 (PvE at least), sticking with the profession even when it was one of the weaker ones out there. I'll probably create several characters to get a feel of the game, and then choose one.

Which race to choose is even murkier @_@

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Postby ThunderTitan » Apr 15 2012, 8:59

Well dude there are plenty of profession videos all over you tube, if you want to learn what each one is about that's the best place to start imo.

And it's not a pre-order, it's a pre-purchase... they take all the money right away. But hey, you get access to all the beta's.

I for one will def go Ele, being able to switch between all 4 attunements ftw...

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Postby Banedon » Apr 17 2012, 15:07

Well it's not that I don't know what the professions are like (you might be interested in QQ's features: http://www.teamquitter.com/viewtopic.ph ... ead#unread). It's that I don't know what the professions are really like. I have no experience whatsoever with GW2, and can't make any real judgement calls of my own. I have to rely on the word of others, which is a bad way to start. That's partly why I ended up as an Elementalist in Guild Wars in the first place. It's not like Elementalists are bad, but they're not what I imagined them to be.

That said from those featured articles I'll probably end up as an Elementalist as well. It just seems like the style most suited to me.

Do you think I should pre-purchase? I don't lack the $, but I'm notoriously thrifty when it comes to spending.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Postby ThunderTitan » Apr 18 2012, 6:54

I see they still haven't gotten the Mesmer preview up...

But what i was suggesting is that you watch actual gameplay, thus youtube... actually seeing what the skills do is better then listening to some guy talking about his opinions on the class.

As for pre-purchase, are you planning on buying the game in the year after it comes out? Because if you do it's unlikely you'll find it cheaper... (maybe on amazon, but that's without shipping fees, and as i recall you don't live in the uk or us)...

Btw, i think we missed a stress test last week, seems that my gw1 account exists for gw2, as i could send a password reset request from the gw2 clint d/l login...

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Postby Banedon » Apr 23 2012, 14:23

I have watched YouTube videos ... I just have little to no clue what's happening. It's to be expected though since I have no clue what happens in WoW videos either. YouTube videos don't show stuff like how powerful offense is vs. defense either, because all I can do is watch for when people die.

Is the pre-purchase more expensive than the retail price when the game is released? I suspect it will be, which is what's making me hesitate.

I don't have invite to stress test so can't comment @_@

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Postby ThunderTitan » Apr 23 2012, 19:10

I don't thing the stress test was invite, i think if you had a GW1 account you could just play, like i said, my GW1 account worked, it was just too late...

Teh beta weekends, one which will be next weekend, 1st with no NDA, are invite... or from pre-purchase... i'll be playing it at a friends place who pre-purchased... i';ll let you know.

As for pre-purchase price, i really doubt it will be higher then at release... but there's no reason not to wait at least until the announce a release date, maybe they'll do some marketing stuff and sell ti a bit cheaper... plenty of time till then...

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Postby Banedon » Apr 30 2012, 11:02

I played ~30 hours in the last beta weekend and would have happily sunk in another ~6 hours if I didn't have other commitments on Monday. I'm mightily impressed, and will probably play the game a lot once it is released.

Fun and fun :D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Postby ThunderTitan » May 18 2012, 18:37

I found the quest stuff to be a bit too dependant on having a right quota of players to not either bee too hard or too chaotic...

Logging in at the start = the quests where swamped with so many players everything dies as soon as it respawned, and then after a while you had to wait until enough people where around to do the quest...

Also, the respawning will always be one of those immersion breaking things...

Otherwise yeah, it was pretty fun, but i think in the end making a party of the appropriate size will still be the best way to enjoy the content...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Postby ThunderTitan » Aug 7 2012, 19:45

Hey Banedon, you around? I could use some help with Sorrow's Furnace, my heroes suck at keeping Alkar alive...

Got 4 more points to go... 3 if i get 1 more title.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Postby Banedon » Aug 7 2012, 22:57

I'm around, I just barely play because I concentrate so much on Heroes of Newerth.

I can help you with Sorrow's Furnace yeah, in say 12.5 hours after I make this post?

EDIT: I'm online, don't see you though. I'll be tabbed out playing D3 for a bit, check back later.
EDIT#2: Well I'm going to go play HoN, again check back later (this time it'll be in hours).

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Postby ThunderTitan » Aug 8 2012, 12:27

Yeah, 12.5 hours was around 13 pm here, and i was at work... got back now though.

BTW Kalah, what's the default time the forum shows when not logged in?

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Postby Banedon » Aug 8 2012, 12:36

Hurry @_@ I'm in a pretty foul mood after my joke of a HoN game (we got crushed and the people who have no clue why we lost are the people I queued with). Ugh.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Postby ThunderTitan » Aug 8 2012, 13:17

Yeah, that always blows...

Anyway, thanks man, no way i could have done that with just heroes, especially that 2nd wave with 2 Priests...

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Postby darknessfood » Oct 19 2012, 22:16

I gotta say that I love the full game! Played a little bit of the beta, when it wsa around. Now the game is released for like 2 months and it's still great!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”