Seven Years in the Community

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.

Moderators: Moderators, Celestial Heavens Staff

User avatar
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder
Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Location: Angelspit
Contact:

Seven Years in the Community

Postby Angelspit » Mar 6 2008, 20:06

I reopened Celestial Heavens in March of 2001 (because I thought the Astral Wizard news section wasn't updated as often as I wanted to!), which means that I have been active in the community for seven years now. I am not sure how I managed to stick around for so long and, during that period, update the front page more often that not, even during week-ends, holidays and (gasp) Christmas day. That's probably because of you, my dear readers, and the wonderful people who update the site and monitor the forums. The Might and Magic community must remain strong and united, and I hope Celestial Heavens contributes in some way to that ideal.

Of course, this is not a farewell post and I will try to hang on until Heroes VI (the various people I managed to piss off because of my straight talk will be disappointed!). The road ahead will not be easy because of the lack of activity and my new family situation, but that's certainly not a good reason to give up, is it? Long live Heroes!

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
http://www.celestialheavens.com/viewpag ... 1204834003
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

User avatar
MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith
Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Location: Citadel of Frosts

Seven Years in the Community

Postby MistWeaver » Mar 6 2008, 20:10

cheers everybody!

>Of course, this is not a farewell post and I will try to hang on
>until Heroes VI

some leaks here and there hint that H6 is not that far as most of us think
Last edited by MistWeaver on Mar 6 2008, 21:12, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Seven Years in the Community

Postby Akul » Mar 6 2008, 20:42

Cheers for the best HoMM site and forum on the net!
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

User avatar
Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Joined: 26 Nov 2005
Location: Solna

Postby Gaidal Cain » Mar 6 2008, 21:51

Seven years is a long time. Not quite as long as 8 years, but still. Anyway, this is and has been a great place to hang out on. Thank you for creating such a lasting site, truly a worthy successor of astralwizard.com :)
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

User avatar
Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Seven Years in the Community

Postby Infiltrator » Mar 6 2008, 22:02

This means you've been as long as my cat was born!
Infiltrator out.

User avatar
Kalah
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 24 Nov 2005

Seven Years in the Community

Postby Kalah » Mar 6 2008, 22:12

Long live Heroes! Long live Celestial Heavens! Long live Angelspit :-D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Roman
Pixie
Pixie
Joined: 02 Dec 2006

Seven Years in the Community

Postby Roman » Mar 6 2008, 22:36

Congrats! This is the best HoMM website on the net - may it continue to live for a long, long time!

User avatar
theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Re: Seven Years in the Community

Postby theLuckyDragon » Mar 6 2008, 22:38

Kalah wrote:Long live Heroes! Long live Celestial Heavens! Long live Angelspit :-D

Hear, hear!
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

User avatar
Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Joined: 27 Nov 2005

Re: Seven Years in the Community

Postby Ethric » Mar 6 2008, 23:11

Kalah wrote:Long live Heroes! Long live Celestial Heavens! Long live Angelspit :-D

Damn straight. And the site will keep ticking also when you need prioritize family, right guys?
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

User avatar
Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Joined: 27 Aug 2006

Seven Years in the Community

Postby Elvin » Mar 6 2008, 23:30

That's a long time and I hope there will be much more to see and fun to be had around here :) Cheers Angelspit!
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

User avatar
Evenshade
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Seven Years in the Community

Postby Evenshade » Mar 7 2008, 0:29

Long live Heroes! Long live Celestial Heavens! Long live Angelspit :-D

Huzzah! I third that! :D

User avatar
CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: USA

Seven Years in the Community

Postby CloudRiderX » Mar 7 2008, 2:05

Yeah, everyone knows we're the best.

Long live Heroes - but please, lets hope its good enough in the future to be worthy of life...we take it for granted right now because we have great Heroes games to play, but eventually we may not be as fortunate...

That sounded a little depressing, but assume I didn't mean it that way. :) I seriously hope future HoMM games are good.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

User avatar
Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Joined: 29 Jan 2006
Location: Somewhere deep in the Caribbean...
Contact:

Postby Metathron » Mar 7 2008, 2:19

Gaidal Cain wrote:Seven years is a long time. Not quite as long as 8 years, but still.

I knew there had to be a reason why GC is so high up in the hierarchy. :D

Anyhow, long live CH. Methinks this calls for a group hug. Image

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel
Joined: 27 Nov 2005

Seven Years in the Community

Postby ByteBandit » Mar 7 2008, 3:39

It's hard to do the things AS and others do to keep the site active and alive and fresh. And it's even harder to predict down the road how Heroes will evolve or if it becomes extinct. But if the past is any indication, then we shold have a lot forward to look ahead to. Even with the release of ToTE and H5, it's fascinating to see the devoton to past games such as H2, H3, H3/WoG and even to an extent, H4. With this in mind, it's clear that HoMM is more than just a game. It's who we are, what we are, and what we want to share with others. We all experience burnout with HoMM at one time or another, but all of us who love the game always come back to it. This indicates not just a good game, but a great game. And this site contributes to that greatness more than any other. And this site must continue with that tradition. And I believe we will.

User avatar
Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby Jolly Joker » Mar 7 2008, 7:00

Reminds me of this here, Angelspit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Seven_Year_Itch :-D

Seven is certainly a special number and I wish you all the best for the next stage of the journey.
My regards to the Little Orc.
ZZZzzzz....

User avatar
Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Joined: 26 Nov 2005
Location: Solna

Postby Gaidal Cain » Mar 7 2008, 7:31

Metathron wrote:
Gaidal Cain wrote:Seven years is a long time. Not quite as long as 8 years, but still.

I knew there had to be a reason why GC is so high up in the hierarchy. :D

Actually, I first joined the Quill in May 2001, so I've not been active in the community longer than AS. If you want that, you have to turn to Corrrrribus or the Qirqwish Dragon ;)
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

User avatar
Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Joined: 06 Jan 2006

Postby Jolly Joker » Mar 7 2008, 9:51

A PS seems in order:

Looks like 7th birthday will see the 1000th News thread as well - the next one, in fact.

Very fitting!
ZZZzzzz....

User avatar
darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Seven Years in the Community

Postby darknessfood » Mar 7 2008, 10:19

ByteBandit wrote:It's hard to do the things AS and others do to keep the site active and alive and fresh. And it's even harder to predict down the road how Heroes will evolve or if it becomes extinct. But if the past is any indication, then we shold have a lot forward to look ahead to. Even with the release of ToTE and H5, it's fascinating to see the devoton to past games such as H2, H3, H3/WoG and even to an extent, H4. With this in mind, it's clear that HoMM is more than just a game. It's who we are, what we are, and what we want to share with others. We all experience burnout with HoMM at one time or another, but all of us who love the game always come back to it. This indicates not just a good game, but a great game. And this site contributes to that greatness more than any other. And this site must continue with that tradition. And I believe we will.

Totaly agree with you on that one :). Heroes is just a awesome series that never really get's old. (Heroes of) Might and Magic, is just like the Rolling Stones, a way of life!!!

Long live the Celestialheavens comminuty!! I'm glad to be a part of it...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

User avatar
AllanPoe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Joined: 27 May 2006

Seven Years in the Community

Postby AllanPoe » Mar 7 2008, 13:06

No doubt the best HOMM site. Cheers to all.

berntie
Scout
Scout
Joined: 07 Jan 2006

Postby berntie » Mar 7 2008, 13:49

Thank you for seven years of work on a truly outstanding place!

Let's hope it will stay the same... Cheers to all

Return to “News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests