GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.4 [Sep 17, 2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

tomchen1989
Peasant
Peasant

Re: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.4 [Sep 17, 2019]

Postby tomchen1989 » Feb 18 2020, 21:52

We have to watch the whole introductory movie after a fresh new installation of MM6. Esc key can't close the movie. I guess I have already watched the movie more than 10 times...

So I have this lua script to make Esc work:
mem.nop(0x457B9D, 2)

It'd be better to put this fix into the next version of the patch.

Another bug is that Lich book request's giver has two rooms (two doors) in Darkmoor village. One of the door is clearly a mistake.
Last edited by tomchen1989 on Feb 18 2020, 21:55, edited 2 times in total.

Anubis
Assassin
Assassin

Postby Anubis » Feb 18 2020, 23:09

Isn't there something in MM6.ini you can toggle to disable the movie?

NoIntro=1

tomchen1989
Peasant
Peasant

Postby tomchen1989 » Feb 18 2020, 23:30

Well, after a fresh new installation, you don't know or you know but didn't set NoIntro=1, and the movie is played without Esc key functional. You sometimes probably don't want to completely close MM6, set that and restart again. Esc key should always work even for the first time, just like MM7 and 8.

Also, I guess it's good to have the 'threeee-deee-oh' movie for the sake of completeness and nostalgia.
Last edited by tomchen1989 on Feb 18 2020, 23:33, edited 1 time in total.

Anubis
Assassin
Assassin

Postby Anubis » Feb 18 2020, 23:38

Sorry. I'm tired. I thought you were saying you couldn't escape key the movie at all -- completely forgot that you weren't able to do that the first time around.

I definitely agree with you in that case with that fix being implemented into the next patch then.
Last edited by Anubis on Feb 18 2020, 23:40, edited 1 time in total.

nixosmm678
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby nixosmm678 » Mar 9 2020, 18:57

is there any way to get something like the flexible ui in mm7 and mm8 for mm6 ?
or at least have it in 1920x1080... i got stuck with 2 huge black borders :/

raekuul
Pixie
Pixie

Postby raekuul » Mar 9 2020, 21:49

Not at this time, due to MM6 not using Hardware Mode and the New UI in 7/8 requiring it.
You need to install the base mod first, and then install the latest GrayFace patch on top of that.

tomchen1989
Peasant
Peasant

Postby tomchen1989 » Mar 18 2020, 21:25

Have I or anybody reported this issue? (or has it been fixed?) :

Alamos Castle's final riddle / memory crystal room have two podiums, one holds the memory crystal, and another one, when you click on it, should have teleport player's team out of the Alamos Castle and to a point right in front of the gate. But it doesn't work. Clearly NWC developers planned to have it but messed it up.

-----------------------
Simplified Chinese MM6 is v1.0 (you know, it's very buggy, English and other language's official v1.1 (1998 or 1999) patch fixed LOTS of bugs) and has never been officially or unofficially updated. However, I have published a Simplified Chinese MM6 patch in 2018. It uses Traditional Chinese version which is equivalent to English v1.1, and GrayFace MM6 Patch's resource files (i.e. my Chinese patch includes GrayFace's modified resources in .lod files, but it can't include modifications in mm6.exe and MM6patch.dll). I also fixed some crucial bugs including armor recovery time bug, dual hand weapon recovery time bug, etc. The above-mentioned Alamos Castle, Darkmoor village room, introductory movie 'Esc' problems are fixed in my patch. These are the maximum I can do.
It'll be ideal if my modification is merged into GrayFace MM6 Patch, and then GrayFace MM6 Patch supports DBCS (Chinese and other complicated character set), which I successfully managed to do for GrayFace MM8 Patch (and MMMerge) but unsuccessfully for MM7 and 6.

Anubis
Assassin
Assassin

Postby Anubis » Mar 18 2020, 22:05

tomchen1989 wrote:Alamos Castle's final riddle / memory crystal room have two podiums, one holds the memory crystal, and another one, when you click on it, should have teleport player's team out of the Alamos Castle and to a point right in front of the gate. But it doesn't work. Clearly NWC developers planned to have it but messed it up.

You know...my Dad talked about this with me one day and said that teleporter in question used to work at one point and put you somewhere in Silver Cove.

tomchen1989
Peasant
Peasant

Postby tomchen1989 » Mar 18 2020, 22:19

Anubis wrote:
tomchen1989 wrote:Alamos Castle's final riddle / memory crystal room have two podiums, one holds the memory crystal, and another one, when you click on it, should have teleport player's team out of the Alamos Castle and to a point right in front of the gate. But it doesn't work. Clearly NWC developers planned to have it but messed it up.

You know...my Dad talked about this with me one day and said that teleporter in question used to work at one point and put you somewhere in Silver Cove.
Well, I don't think so. If we are talking about the same teleporter in Alamos Castle, that should teleport you to Eel Infested Waters in front of Castle Alamos' gate. It's like the teleporter's destination coordinate is well present there but NWC developers got another thing wrong and the teleporter is turned off...

Anubis
Assassin
Assassin

Postby Anubis » Mar 18 2020, 23:08

tomchen1989 wrote:Well, I don't think so. If we are talking about the same teleporter in Alamos Castle, that should teleport you to Eel Infested Waters in front of Castle Alamos' gate. It's like the teleporter's destination coordinate is well present there but NWC developers got another thing wrong and the teleporter is turned off...

That makes more sense. Did that podium even work at all at any point, to your knowledge? My Dad swears it did at one point.

Also, do you remember what place(s) you were sent to from the Teleporter Room in Castle Alamos? (Asking out of curiousity)

tomchen1989
Peasant
Peasant

Postby tomchen1989 » Mar 18 2020, 23:31

Anubis wrote:
tomchen1989 wrote:Well, I don't think so. If we are talking about the same teleporter in Alamos Castle, that should teleport you to Eel Infested Waters in front of Castle Alamos' gate. It's like the teleporter's destination coordinate is well present there but NWC developers got another thing wrong and the teleporter is turned off...

That makes more sense. Did that podium even work at all at any point, to your knowledge? My Dad swears it did at one point.

Also, do you remember what place(s) you were sent to from the Teleporter Room in Castle Alamos? (Asking out of curiousity)

Ah indeed we are not talking about the same teleporter. I'm talking about a buggy teleporter in the Memory Crystal Beta room (12), while you are talking about "9. Teleport Room (need Teleport Key)" in this map:
http://www.the-spoiler.com/RPG/New.Worl ... html#iw_ca

Although I don't have any memory of that, and the-spoiler doesn't mention the destination of teleporter 9, I checked this online MM6 guide in Traditional Chinese which is a translated and modified version of the-spoiler:
https://chiuinan.github.io/game/game/in ... Alamos.htm

It says teleporter 9 teleports you to 2 ("Coach Travel") in Silver Cove

(But I really have no memory of it, that's quite bizarre... I've got to check it another day...)
Last edited by tomchen1989 on Mar 18 2020, 23:33, edited 1 time in total.

Anubis
Assassin
Assassin

Postby Anubis » Mar 19 2020, 2:59

No, I knew you were talking about the teleporter by the memory crystal. It was my error -- when I recalled the conversation with my Dad, I thought he was talking about the podium by the memory crystal. Now that you've cleared things up, he must have been talking about the Teleporter Room that takes you to the stables at Silver Cove.

Now I have two more questions:

1. I recall that when you highlighted your mouse cursor over the two podiums in the memory crystal room, there was some text. What was the text that showed up for the podium with the memory crystal and the text that showed up for the empty podium?

2. Does the Teleporter Room (9) work at all at this point? If it works, does it take you to the Silver Cove Stables?

tomchen1989
Peasant
Peasant

Postby tomchen1989 » Mar 20 2020, 16:22

Anubis wrote:No, I knew you were talking about the teleporter by the memory crystal. It was my error -- when I recalled the conversation with my Dad, I thought he was talking about the podium by the memory crystal. Now that you've cleared things up, he must have been talking about the Teleporter Room that takes you to the stables at Silver Cove.

Now I have two more questions:

1. I recall that when you highlighted your mouse cursor over the two podiums in the memory crystal room, there was some text. What was the text that showed up for the podium with the memory crystal and the text that showed up for the empty podium?

2. Does the Teleporter Room (9) work at all at this point? If it works, does it take you to the Silver Cove Stables?

1. The memory crystal podium has the label "Exit" if I remember right. And the other non-functional one, it has a unrelated label. Anyway they are a mess, the podiums' labels. That's what I can recall.
2. I guess so. I checked the decompiled scripts https://www.dropbox.com/s/kznafxub3lcbrv1/MMScripts.rar . Only after you get the memory crystal should you be able to use the Teleporter 9 to go to Silver Cove Stables.

Anubis
Assassin
Assassin

Postby Anubis » Mar 21 2020, 3:09

Thanks for checking for me. I appreciate it.

Graff
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby Graff » Mar 28 2020, 14:12

The perception skill bonus for the NPC characters of Psychic and Scout is not functional. I tested this on a skull pile of weakness in the Temple of Baa in Ironfist. With normal perception rank 5 I was successful. A Psychic states +5 which should work on it's own but the search failed. I then brought on a Scout with +6 in addition to the Psychic. This should have made my character with level 1 perception effectively at level 12 but again, the search failed. If someone would like to confirm both of these NPCs are hireable from houses in Mire of the Damned. Scout is first door when turning left facing the big stained glass doors with eyes; Psychic is first door turning left after going up to the second level via the brick walkway by the stables passing by the book of liches quest NPC.

Return to “Might and Magic”