GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.2 [March 17, 2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

GrayFace
Wraith
Wraith

Re: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.2 [March 17, 2019]

Postby GrayFace » Apr 7 2019, 9:37

Erisian wrote:When you install the patch, there is a box for map fixes that says "leave unchecked if installing over a large mod" I had to check this because I am playing Mandate and the door in Castle Kriegspire leading to where the egg is won't open without it. If I now want to install a large mod, is there a simple way to change this or will I have to reinstall?

You'll have to delete files starting with "00 patch" from Data folder.

Munchies wrote:i love your patch....except for one thing. you messed with the stat wells. you implemented your own opinion as to how they should work.

No, I've fixed bugs in timers code. The experience well in Kriegspire now works exactly as it was implemented by NWC, not as the bug made it work. As always, you can disable the fix by adding FixTimers=0 to INI.
Last edited by GrayFace on Apr 7 2019, 10:19, edited 4 times in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GrayFace
Wraith
Wraith

Postby GrayFace » Apr 7 2019, 10:17

Anubis wrote:@GrayFace -- ErrorLog after pressing F4

Try setting WindowHeight=960 in mm6.ini. In the next version the problem would be fixed completely.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Munchies
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby Munchies » Apr 7 2019, 11:44

Munchies wrote:i love your patch....except for one thing. you messed with the stat wells. you implemented your own opinion as to how they should work.

GrayFace wrote:No, I've fixed bugs in timers code. The experience well in Kriegspire now works exactly as it was implemented by NWC, not as the bug made it work. As always, you can disable the fix by adding FixTimers=0 to INI.

wow, thank you o: i handicap myself till just about the end of the game (the oracle quests) and then farm experience and gold from paradise valley, hermits isle and dragonsand just so i can dump all the gold i get into experience. x3c i do something similar in mm7.
Last edited by Munchies on Apr 7 2019, 11:45, edited 1 time in total.

Anubis
Scout
Scout

Postby Anubis » Apr 15 2019, 1:16

Possible bug? In the Temple of Tsanta, after you unlock the doors that lead to the main chamber with the altar -- If you go down the stairs past the altar and to your right, you'll come across a bed. Clicking on the pillow of the bed (I even tried Telekinesis on it) is supposedly interactable but I'm unable to figure out what clicking it is supposed to do? Was it supposed to give you an item of some sort?

GrayFace
Wraith
Wraith

Postby GrayFace » Apr 15 2019, 3:24

Nice find! It's supposed to give a +6 spear, but the variable got used for the doors into the main area. Since there's no way to get there without opening the doors, there's no way to get it.

Anubis
Scout
Scout

Postby Anubis » Apr 24 2019, 14:25

Tomb of VARN: I came across a "Picture" that's interactable with but nothing happens. It's located...in a long hallway. Was this supposed to give an item?

GrayFace
Wraith
Wraith

Postby GrayFace » Apr 27 2019, 8:05

Anubis wrote:Tomb of VARN: I came across a "Picture" that's interactable with but nothing happens. It's located...in a long hallway. Was this supposed to give an item?

What picture? Type
XYZ(Party)
in the console for coordinates.

Anubis
Scout
Scout

Postby Anubis » Apr 28 2019, 5:19

I know Ctrl+F1 is the console command as I've used it for MM7 but it isn't working for MM6. Do I have to download MMExtension in order to bring up the console?

Also, the "Picture" texture I found? I thought it was the only one until I came across more "Picture" textures near the entrance of the Flame Door. I could interact with them but nothing seemed to happen so I'm starting to think that was supposed to be the case.

Return to “Might and Magic”