Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Xfing
Raider
Raider
Posts: 757
Joined: 04 Jul 2011

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Xfing » Jun 21 2019, 15:01

Yeah, either Nexus or ModDB are always a nice place to increase the visibility of a mod.

User avatar
Sslaxx
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 28
Joined: 20 Feb 2017
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Sslaxx » Jun 21 2019, 15:02

I do hope people here are familiar with Morroblivion and its chequered history. Don't want Ubisoft to do the same to this project that Bethesda did with them.

User avatar
Crusader_bin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 36
Joined: 19 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Crusader_bin » Jun 21 2019, 16:01

Sslaxx wrote:I do hope people here are familiar with Morroblivion and its chequered history. Don't want Ubisoft to do the same to this project that Bethesda did with them.


I don't see that happening here at all. If anything, I'll host it to some Chinese server :p
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun!

User avatar
alekssandros
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 43
Joined: 18 Jun 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby alekssandros » Jun 21 2019, 19:23

GrayFace wrote:
Xfing wrote:Guess that's because some people could see this as promoting harmful stereotypes (or exposing unpretty reality, depending on where you stand) about the greediness and business-oriented attitude of priests :D

I think it does make sense to have only 1 GM class in such a skill. The only skills that come to mind that can be GM'ed by multiple classes are Light and Dark in MM7.


So there no will be GM merchant in MM6 merged? Or is more like "can't be done/scripted"?

Playin starting in Enroth can I recruit other classes in other continents than the original 6?

If so, how I go to other continets from Enroth (if I start playing MM6)?

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Hunter
Hunter
Posts: 504
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Jun 21 2019, 19:29

alekssandros wrote:If so, how I go to other continets from Enroth (if I start playing MM6)?

Try drinking the Magic Well in New Sorpigal dry.
Yes?

User avatar
Templayer
mutated Gaint whale®
mutated Gaint whale®
Posts: 1234
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Templayer » Jun 21 2019, 19:50

Crusader_bin wrote:
Sslaxx wrote:I do hope people here are familiar with Morroblivion and its chequered history. Don't want Ubisoft to do the same to this project that Bethesda did with them.


I don't see that happening here at all. If anything, I'll host it to some Chinese server :p

Nah, I'll make immortal torre-nts before that. As far as copyright goes, I will gladly take the responsibility to go into court about the Merge. The content is transformative in nature, and we gain zero profit from it. Morroblivion guys presumably didn't have the balls to go to the court over it.

alekssandros wrote:
GrayFace wrote:
Xfing wrote:Guess that's because some people could see this as promoting harmful stereotypes (or exposing unpretty reality, depending on where you stand) about the greediness and business-oriented attitude of priests :D

I think it does make sense to have only 1 GM class in such a skill. The only skills that come to mind that can be GM'ed by multiple classes are Light and Dark in MM7.


So there no will be GM merchant in MM6 merged? Or is more like "can't be done/scripted"?

Playin starting in Enroth can I recruit other classes in other continents than the original 6?

If so, how I go to other continets from Enroth (if I start playing MM6)?

Please check the Tracker in my signature. You can also use the Character Creation Unlocker to play as any race/class combination on any continent (available on the Tracker under Optional Modifications for the Merge section). Also it is possible to use the .txt tables that are somewhere in the data folder to add GM proficiency to Clerics. It's just a plain text file. Better use GrayFace's TxtTable editor for it, though.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
alekssandros
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 43
Joined: 18 Jun 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby alekssandros » Jun 21 2019, 21:16

alekssandros wrote:
GrayFace wrote:
I think it does make sense to have only 1 GM class in such a skill. The only skills that come to mind that can be GM'ed by multiple classes are Light and Dark in MM7.


So there no will be GM merchant in MM6 merged? Or is more like "can't be done/scripted"?

Playin starting in Enroth can I recruit other classes in other continents than the original 6?

If so, how I go to other continets from Enroth (if I start playing MM6)?
Also it is possible to use the .txt tables that are somewhere in the data folder to add GM proficiency to Clerics. It's just a plain text file. Better use GrayFace's TxtTable editor for it, though.[/quote]

Tried, didn't work :wall:
Last edited by alekssandros on Jun 21 2019, 21:17, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Templayer
mutated Gaint whale®
mutated Gaint whale®
Posts: 1234
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Templayer » Jun 21 2019, 21:43

alekssandros wrote:
Templayer wrote:
alekssandros wrote:
So there no will be GM merchant in MM6 merged? Or is more like "can't be done/scripted"?

Playin starting in Enroth can I recruit other classes in other continents than the original 6?

If so, how I go to other continets from Enroth (if I start playing MM6)?
Also it is possible to use the .txt tables that are somewhere in the data folder to add GM proficiency to Clerics. It's just a plain text file. Better use GrayFace's TxtTable editor for it, though.


Tried, didn't work :wall:

Here you go: https://www.ulozto.net/!hRojEVNNCG2h/class-skills-modified-so-that-priests-and-their-promotions-can-have-gm-merchant-mmmerge-templayer-7z
Extract it, find the extracted file inside your Merge folder and replace it with mine. Clerics and all their promotions should have GM Merchant available to them now.
EDIT: Yeah, I wrote Priests into the name of the archive instead of Clerics, that is a typo, it's almost midnight here, it is for Clerics too.
Last edited by Templayer on Jun 21 2019, 21:47, edited 3 times in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

User avatar
GrayFace
Dragon
Dragon
Posts: 1470
Joined: 29 Nov 2005

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby GrayFace » Jun 21 2019, 23:00

alekssandros wrote:
GrayFace wrote:
Xfing wrote:Guess that's because some people could see this as promoting harmful stereotypes (or exposing unpretty reality, depending on where you stand) about the greediness and business-oriented attitude of priests :D

I think it does make sense to have only 1 GM class in such a skill. The only skills that come to mind that can be GM'ed by multiple classes are Light and Dark in MM7.

So there no will be GM merchant in MM6 merged?

Sorry, I was only talking about NWC's decision. For the Merge, I'm for adding GM to clerics.

Templayer wrote:As far as copyright goes, I will gladly take the responsibility to go into court about the Merge. The content is transformative in nature, and we gain zero profit from it. Morroblivion guys presumably didn't have the balls to go to the court over it.

As far as the courts go, there's little chance. However, if such a problem ever emerges, it's possible to make an installer that would require the original games.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

User avatar
alekssandros
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 43
Joined: 18 Jun 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby alekssandros » Jun 22 2019, 5:48

Templayer wrote:
alekssandros wrote:
Templayer wrote: Tried, didn't work :wall:

Here you go: https://www.ulozto.net/!hRojEVNNCG2h/class-skills-modified-so-that-priests-and-their-promotions-can-have-gm-merchant-mmmerge-templayer-7z
Extract it, find the extracted file inside your Merge folder and replace it with mine. Clerics and all their promotions should have GM Merchant available to them now.
EDIT: Yeah, I wrote Priests into the name of the archive instead of Clerics, that is a typo, it's almost midnight here, it is for Clerics too.


TYVM, but I just discovered what I was doing wrong.

Word Pad save the day xD

User avatar
Templayer
mutated Gaint whale®
mutated Gaint whale®
Posts: 1234
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Templayer » Jun 22 2019, 8:39

alekssandros wrote:
Templayer wrote:
alekssandros wrote:Here you go: https://www.ulozto.net/!hRojEVNNCG2h/class-skills-modified-so-that-priests-and-their-promotions-can-have-gm-merchant-mmmerge-templayer-7z
Extract it, find the extracted file inside your Merge folder and replace it with mine. Clerics and all their promotions should have GM Merchant available to them now.
EDIT: Yeah, I wrote Priests into the name of the archive instead of Clerics, that is a typo, it's almost midnight here, it is for Clerics too.


TYVM, but I just discovered what I was doing wrong.

Word Pad save the day xD

Goddamnit. :D
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

Roticet
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 78
Joined: 06 Jul 2011

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Roticet » Jun 22 2019, 11:13

SpectralDragon wrote:Just a question for all of you, how many dragon variants as PCs do you pals wish to see in this mod/base game of just MM8 even counting off undead ones? Since currently we still have just 2.


Tbh, I just want 1 or 2 more non-undead dragon skins. I ain't looking for the same variety that the humans have. That Black Dragon you are working on looks really cool and could possibly make a good paperdoll. (That would also be amusing to have a Black Dragon Warlock with a Black Dragon Familiar. Familial ties? lol). Hell, you don't even need to add a whole new paperdoll to the mix, I would be content with a couple more colors. Maybe a Blue, or a Gold. Scratch that, saw some posts earlier about the HOMM dragons, I second that. Having those come into the mix would be sweet. Azure gets my main vote to be added in.

Also, with all the added dragon skins don't we have 4? Not 2? There are the 2 normal dragons and I thought Templayer added 2 variations of the skeletal dragons.
Last edited by Roticet on Jun 22 2019, 11:19, edited 1 time in total.

Roticet
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 78
Joined: 06 Jul 2011

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Roticet » Jun 22 2019, 11:20

Crusader_bin wrote:
Templayer wrote:
GrayFace wrote:So, do we rely solely on Templayer to collect all suggestions and ready graphics in the tracker or do we split the topic into, say, "graphics, lore, some offtopic" and "announcements and support"? I think it's time to do the split.

I would prefer a whole new website and a whole new forum, which would then be split to various sections and subsections. Graphics should have its own thread, bug reporting should have a standalone thread, Rodril's announcements --//-- etc.


Can't we just set up Nexus thing, it has posts and topics? I don't like reddit, but that's a thing as well.
I could create a website of it's own if you guys want, I think that this mod deserves it. But I'd rather someone else update the news section and moderate the forums in that case. I can create the thing, but won't have the time to manage it daily.
Or just stay here :)


What about a Discord?

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Hunter
Hunter
Posts: 504
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Jun 22 2019, 11:21

Templayer wrote:Goddamnit. :D

:D :D :D
Image
Roticet wrote:Tbh, I just want 1 or 2 more non-undead dragon skins. I ain't looking for the same variety that the humans have. That Black Dragon you are working on looks really cool and could possibly make a good paperdoll. (That would also be amusing to have a Black Dragon Warlock with a Black Dragon Familiar. Familial ties? lol). Hell, you don't even need to add a whole new paperdoll to the mix, I would be content with a couple more colors. Maybe a Blue, or a Gold. Scratch that, saw some posts earlier about the HOMM dragons, I second that. Having those come into the mix would be sweet. Azure gets my main vote to be added in.

Also, with all the added dragon skins don't we have 4? Not 2? There are the 2 normal dragons and I thought Templayer added 2 variations of the skeletal dragons.

Was thinking on one more before moving on Undead Trolls and whatnot, but thanks for your vote there. :tsup: LOL hey, more reasons for making this one a reality! :,DD Same with a Red Dragon Warlock having a Black Dragon Familiar. The possibilities! :,DD

Yus, but only 1 of those skins is available for the base game (Ghost Dragon one) and I was thinking living Dragon ones only with that one.
Last edited by SpectralDragon on Jun 22 2019, 11:25, edited 1 time in total.
Yes?

User avatar
Templayer
mutated Gaint whale®
mutated Gaint whale®
Posts: 1234
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Templayer » Jun 22 2019, 11:55

Roticet wrote:
Crusader_bin wrote:
Templayer wrote:I would prefer a whole new website and a whole new forum, which would then be split to various sections and subsections. Graphics should have its own thread, bug reporting should have a standalone thread, Rodril's announcements --//-- etc.


Can't we just set up Nexus thing, it has posts and topics? I don't like reddit, but that's a thing as well.
I could create a website of it's own if you guys want, I think that this mod deserves it. But I'd rather someone else update the news section and moderate the forums in that case. I can create the thing, but won't have the time to manage it daily.
Or just stay here :)


What about a Discord?

I refuse to use Discord since Discord doesn't work on Windows XP. It could. A guy even game them source codes that when combined with their code would make Discord work on XP. They refused. So I refuse to support them.

I do have my own customized TeamSpeak server (which I am constantly running, no matter if I am booted into XP or win7), for which you need a custom client as well. Usage is easy - install the client, input my IP and voila. To do message chatting, just mute your speakers and microphones (in the TeamSpeak, not your system! I am not telling you to not be able to listen to stuff or use a microphone while using it! xD ), then bandwidth is not used at all, except for the messages. To voice-chat, unmute. It will stream your voice at either 8 kB/s or 11 kB/s (highest possible quality setting there and it is bandwidth rate, not bitrate, since audio is compressed before being sent - the 11 kB/s setting sounds the same as if you were recording your microphone to a file at highest quality), and I find the quality better than Discord's and Skype's, while using much less resources (about 3% of my 8-core 4 GHz CPU). Also no robot voice, and such. I can make a special channel "MMMerge Channel" for this. Also messages are stored forever on it.

I'll send out the proper instructions and downloads only if people are interested.

SpectralDragon wrote:
Templayer wrote:Goddamnit. :D

:D :D :D
Image
Roticet wrote:Tbh, I just want 1 or 2 more non-undead dragon skins. I ain't looking for the same variety that the humans have. That Black Dragon you are working on looks really cool and could possibly make a good paperdoll. (That would also be amusing to have a Black Dragon Warlock with a Black Dragon Familiar. Familial ties? lol). Hell, you don't even need to add a whole new paperdoll to the mix, I would be content with a couple more colors. Maybe a Blue, or a Gold. Scratch that, saw some posts earlier about the HOMM dragons, I second that. Having those come into the mix would be sweet. Azure gets my main vote to be added in.

Also, with all the added dragon skins don't we have 4? Not 2? There are the 2 normal dragons and I thought Templayer added 2 variations of the skeletal dragons.

Was thinking on one more before moving on Undead Trolls and whatnot, but thanks for your vote there. :tsup: LOL hey, more reasons for making this one a reality! :,DD Same with a Red Dragon Warlock having a Black Dragon Familiar. The possibilities! :,DD

Yus, but only 1 of those skins is available for the base game (Ghost Dragon one) and I was thinking living Dragon ones only with that one.

Nice portrait!

@Roticet - You won't be able to make the Dracolich without the unlocker. My vote goes to Azure dragon as well! That was the first thing I wanted to change about MM8 when I was little - I wanted to play as a dragon, but I dislike both red and green. So I tried extracting the portraits and paperdoll, which I did successfully (that is like almost twenty years ago or something, by the way! xD), but I couldn't figure out how to work with the palletes back then. And I wanted a blue dragon so much! :S
Last edited by Templayer on Jun 22 2019, 11:58, edited 1 time in total.
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

Roticet
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 78
Joined: 06 Jul 2011

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Roticet » Jun 22 2019, 12:02

SpectralDragon wrote:Was thinking on one more before moving on Undead Trolls and whatnot, but thanks for your vote there. :tsup: LOL hey, more reasons for making this one a reality! :,DD Same with a Red Dragon Warlock having a Black Dragon Familiar. The possibilities! :,DD

Yus, but only 1 of those skins is available for the base game (Ghost Dragon one) and I was thinking living Dragon ones only with that one.


Gotcha, hence the confusion.
@Templayer, I meant overall including the unlockers. Spectral Dragon meant base/merge only. So, there was some confusion, but all 3 of us are correct. lol

@Templayer again, you are running a WinXP system, but are using the GOG.com download? Could that actually be your issue? GOG.com's version was optimized for Win7+. They may have tweaked things and caused it to not work properly on older OSes. Really just a spitball at that, but may be worth a look. Do you have a Win7+ machine available to run the Merge?

User avatar
Templayer
mutated Gaint whale®
mutated Gaint whale®
Posts: 1234
Joined: 21 Jan 2013

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Templayer » Jun 22 2019, 13:48

Roticet wrote:@Templayer again, you are running a WinXP system, but are using the GOG.com download? Could that actually be your issue? GOG.com's version was optimized for Win7+. They may have tweaked things and caused it to not work properly on older OSes. Really just a spitball at that, but may be worth a look. Do you have a Win7+ machine available to run the Merge?

*sigh*
I never said I am running the Merge on WinXP. I have something that is called a dual-boot. The second system is Windows 7 64bit Ultimate. That is the one I am using for the Merge, with a gog version. You do not need another machine to have more than one operating system.

It is sad how many times I had to explain what a dual or multi boot is. :S
MMMerge Tracker (= Info + Paint Tracker + Bug Tracker + Missing Features + Suggestions):
https://goo.gl/ui24Bz
Anybody can view or suggest edits.

My youtube retro channel: www.youtube.com/Templayer

Roticet
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 78
Joined: 06 Jul 2011

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Roticet » Jun 22 2019, 13:57

Templayer wrote:
Roticet wrote:@Templayer again, you are running a WinXP system, but are using the GOG.com download? Could that actually be your issue? GOG.com's version was optimized for Win7+. They may have tweaked things and caused it to not work properly on older OSes. Really just a spitball at that, but may be worth a look. Do you have a Win7+ machine available to run the Merge?

*sigh*
I never said I am running the Merge on WinXP. I have something that is called a dual-boot. The second system is Windows 7 64bit Ultimate. That is the one I am using for the Merge, with a gog version. You do not need another machine to have more than one operating system.

It is sad how many times I had to explain what a dual or multi boot is. :S



Whoever said you had to explain what a dual or multi boot is? I'm well aware of what that is... >.> Thanks for automatically assuming.... >.> It may have been a while since I really did some major troubleshooting, but I did IT work for about 10 years before getting sick of it and leaving for a security guard job. So, the next time you want to assume that I'm an idiot, just do yourself a favor and realize that all I was trying to do is help pinpoint where the issue lies with your system/game. Because so far, that's the most that you have ever shared about your system. Not much I can do when I don't know what specs you're working with... But I digress, I will let you continue to ***** and complain instead of trying to help anymore. Have a good one. :)
Last edited by Roticet on Jun 22 2019, 14:14, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SpectralDragon
Hunter
Hunter
Posts: 504
Joined: 15 May 2019

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby SpectralDragon » Jun 22 2019, 14:03

Pals, please, don't fuel the fire here. I'm feeling uncomfortable just reading all this and I'm already doing a fire-breathing being for this mod. ^^; Any person here deserves better than this.
Templayer wrote:Nice portrait!

Thanks, inconsistencies aside. ^^; But well, when it comes to editing them picture by picture, they're pretty much bound to happen, so I cannot do much when it comes to minor inconsistencies. :wall:
GrayFace wrote: :gong:

I have a question.
Yes?

Roticet
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 78
Joined: 06 Jul 2011

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

Postby Roticet » Jun 22 2019, 15:28

SpectralDragon wrote:Pals, please, don't fuel the fire here. I'm feeling uncomfortable just reading all this and I'm already doing a fire-breathing being for this mod. ^^; Any person here deserves better than this.
Templayer wrote:Nice portrait!

Thanks, inconsistencies aside. ^^; But well, when it comes to editing them picture by picture, they're pretty much bound to happen, so I cannot do much when it comes to minor inconsistencies. :wall:
GrayFace wrote: :gong:

I have a question.



I agree spectraldragon. I'm just saying that there is no need to talk down to me about computers. I built combined unix and windows machines to set up servers for the military. So I'm well aware of dual and multi booting. And yes, I mean unix, not linux. Building those damn systems was like building a paper thin glass house with only rocks as the only supplies. Now, I don't know that much about coding, but if we can pinpoint whether the issue lies with hardware vs software, that eliminates some things. With that being said, I would agree that this is more and more sounding like the update having issues. But also saying that the latest update is completely broken is false. As I am running it just fine. Broken for some yes, for all, no. If the latest update that rodril sent out doesnt work, try jamesx's version since that works.


Return to “Might and Magic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests