When I first read this post, I thought the OP made a typo with saying that the jump key wasn't allowed. I never knew I could go from rooftop to rooftop without jumping. I completed the challenge and then shared it with my Dad who completed it as well. We both enjoyed it.
During this challenge, I found an interesting exploit:
1) Position yourself near the top of any upward slope, making sure you're on the slope.
2) While on
the slope, make sure your POV is facing the same way as the slope going up.
3) Save the game.
4) Load your save.
5) While your game is on the loading screen, (with the human casting a fireball at the demon) press and hold down
the 'forward' key.
5) While still holding down the 'forward' key, watch your party leap majestically into the air!
This trick (or bug), WOW, that's really good. The party jumps far higher than usual. I didn't know it and actually I didn't mean to permit such powerful trick when I said "game save and load are allowed".
I've nerfed jump a bit and added a hidden "FixMovement" option: https://www.dropbox.com/s/subrr7y6elv6x ... r.rar?dl=0
If you want to experience vanilla jumps, add "FixMovement=0" to mm6.ini.Extended challenge
With this parkour version (with or without "FixMovement=0"):
1) Get to any roof using Jump key.
2) Get to the roof of the Stables. In order to do so, you'll need to use the trick Anubis
3) Continue the challenge as usual, but starting from Stables - you won't need save-load trick anymore.
I will leave it to you to discover the way to do first 2 items on the list. Starting from Stables is also harder than starting from the well.
Sorry I don't quite get it. Do you mean get to any roof/the stable's roof, from another roof as a starting point, or completely from the ground? And when jump key is allowed, save-load jump trick should not be allowed, and vice versa, right?
And I don't think starting from the stable is too much harder than starting from the Well 0.
Below is my conclusion which I think pretty clear, please comment on this.
Let me conclude my opinion, as far as I know:
("complete the main Challenge" means having stepped on each one of rooftops 1-26, without falling to the ground)When the save-load jump trick (Anubis's trick), jump key, Fly and Jump spell are ALL NOT allowed, in any version of MM6:
Under the same restriction, but the save-load jump trick IS allowed:
- Player cannot somehow jump to any one of the rooftops 0-26 from the ground
- Player can choose any one of the rooftops 0-25 as a starting point (for example, cast Fly spell to get the team to the starting point you choose), then complete the main Challenge
When the save-load jump trick, Fly and Jump spell are ALL NOT allowed, but the jump key IS allowed, in Grayface version with movement fixed (without "FixMovement=0"):
- Player can somehow jump to one of the rooftops 0-26 from the ground (I only know 2 rooftops that the team can get to)
- Not only 0-25, but also 26 (the well near the Gate of the Town) can serve as possible starting points
- It is possible to complete the main Challenge even without stepping on the Gate of the Town!
In original version, or Grayface version without movement fixed
- Player can somehow jump to one of the rooftops 0-26 from the ground using the jump key (I only know 2 rooftops* that the team can get to)
- Possible starting points are still 0-25
, for now I really think the jump key is useless, I don't know where player can make it useful.
* However, with that "MM6patch_parkour.rar" version, I cannot reproduce my success to get my team onto one of the two rooftops in previous Grayface version (the other one is OK). Because apparently, in that version (and without "FixMovement=0"), the team still jumps higher than in original version, but lower than in previous Grayface version]