3d models wanted for testing MM6 outdoor map editor

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 551
Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Location: Republic de Panama

Status??

Postby Big Daddy Jim » Jul 12 2010, 14:36

Hey Mike,

It's been a while since you posted a status on the editor update. How are things progressing?

Inquiring minds want to know.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

mkienenb
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 105
Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Location: Elmira, NY

Re: Status??

Postby mkienenb » Jul 12 2010, 14:44

Big Daddy Jim wrote:Hey Mike,

It's been a while since you posted a status on the editor update. How are things progressing?

Inquiring minds want to know.

BDJ



I moved the event editing stuff over from the old editor to the new editor before the birth of my son. It wasn't completely finished, though.

Since the birth of my son, I haven't had the time or energy to do much work. I'm also in the process of finishing up my part of a three-year project for work. I'm hoping to get back to the editor at the beginning of August after crunch time ends at work.

And quite honestly, this is the first time anyone has said anything to me about it since I posted the preview code back at the end of April. I see there's been 233 downloads since I posted it, which I wasn't really expecting.

User avatar
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 551
Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Location: Republic de Panama

Re: Status??

Postby Big Daddy Jim » Jul 13 2010, 12:59

mkienenb wrote:
I moved the event editing stuff over from the old editor to the new editor before the birth of my son. It wasn't completely finished, though.

Since the birth of my son, I haven't had the time or energy to do much work. I'm also in the process of finishing up my part of a three-year project for work. I'm hoping to get back to the editor at the beginning of August after crunch time ends at work.


First of all

Congratulations on the birth of your son!!!!

After things 'settle down' and you complete the three-year project, take a month off with pay and then slowly phase back into the editor. We can wait.

Thanks for all of your efforts thus far and for the update.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.



http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

User avatar
Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman
Posts: 551
Joined: 29 Oct 2007
Location: Republic de Panama

Re: Status??

Postby Big Daddy Jim » Jul 13 2010, 13:00

mkienenb wrote:
I moved the event editing stuff over from the old editor to the new editor before the birth of my son. It wasn't completely finished, though.

Since the birth of my son, I haven't had the time or energy to do much work. I'm also in the process of finishing up my part of a three-year project for work. I'm hoping to get back to the editor at the beginning of August after crunch time ends at work.


First of all

Congratulations on the birth of your son!!!!

After things 'settle down' and you complete the three-year project, take a month off with pay and then slowly phase back into the editor. We can wait.

Thanks for all of your efforts thus far and for the update.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.



http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

mkienenb
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 105
Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Location: Elmira, NY

Re: Status??

Postby mkienenb » Jul 13 2010, 14:44

Big Daddy Jim wrote:
After things 'settle down' and you complete the three-year project, take a month off with pay and then slowly phase back into the editor. We can wait.

Thanks for all of your efforts thus far and for the update.

BDJ


I wish :)

I'm a self-employed computer programmer. "time off" and "with pay" are mutually exclusive for me :)

Nomad
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 130
Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Location: Kaliningrad, Russian Federation
Contact:

Postby Nomad » Jul 23 2010, 17:17

mkienenb (and all)
Do you have original MM6/7 buildings, wells, and other models (B-models) in some reliable format (.3ds, .obj, .x, etc) ?

mkienenb
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 105
Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Location: Elmira, NY

Postby mkienenb » Jul 23 2010, 18:54

Nomad wrote:mkienenb (and all)
Do you have original MM6/7 buildings, wells, and other models (B-models) in some reliable format (.3ds, .obj, .x, etc) ?


The new editor can export MM6 B-models in .obj/.mtl format (and import them as well).

User avatar
motter28218
Pixie
Pixie
Posts: 118
Joined: 30 Sep 2007

Re: Status??

Postby motter28218 » Aug 31 2010, 0:24

mkienenb wrote:
Big Daddy Jim wrote:Hey Mike,

It's been a while since you posted a status on the editor update. How are things progressing?

Inquiring minds want to know.

BDJ



I moved the event editing stuff over from the old editor to the new editor before the birth of my son. It wasn't completely finished, though.

Since the birth of my son, I haven't had the time or energy to do much work. I'm also in the process of finishing up my part of a three-year project for work. I'm hoping to get back to the editor at the beginning of August after crunch time ends at work.

And quite honestly, this is the first time anyone has said anything to me about it since I posted the preview code back at the end of April. I see there's been 233 downloads since I posted it, which I wasn't really expecting.


I'm still around Mike, just got addicted to another game and my mind's just not in the MM "mode" right now, but it alway's comes back around sooner or later and I'm definitely still VERY interested in any improvements you make to the editor, BTW, there was also a user on TELP's that I got started modding and he is using your editor so people are out there, but family first, take care of your son and I'll 2nd BDJ in saying Congrats.

@BDJ - How have you been there stranger? Haven't heard from you in awhile. Hope all is going well, still waiting on you to write that reverse engineering book :D


Return to “Might and Magic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests