The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Postby HodgePodge » Jun 25 2009, 0:48

Hi, I need help finding Svarktel in Jorgsborg. I've searched the entire area but he is missing in action. ;|

BDJ, I found HodgePodge's home but she must be on vacation. :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Postby HodgePodge » Jun 25 2009, 0:49

Variol wrote:I hope Tamara was (spoiler)

In the cage on the Island that, when you click on it, it says Thank you! That was weird.

You should have gotten an NPC when you clicked on the cage. Take him back to the temple in Port Sleigon. Afterwards, you can rehire him as a Healer.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Postby Macros the Black » Jun 25 2009, 1:05

jeff wrote:Let me emphasis that is not mm6 or it does not relate to any of the mm's. We as a team made an effort to remove all traces of the mm universe and that effort continues through this beta test. Many things were done to surprise (like where the fly scroll use to be) or smack :slap: (you die when you go to where you would have gone) those that try to play it as if it is only mm6 with different text. It is not, it uses only the map and some aspects that required too much programming to change. Let loose of all things mm6 and enjoy it for what it is, a fan made game that happens to use an old and loved gaming engine.

While I appreciate the large wall of text, you're preaching to the choir here. Do note that I only used MM6 as an example. I could have just as easily talked about Oblivion or any other rpg that sports an open game world :)
Variol wrote:Well, I better get back there then...

The NPC you freed in that cage should have given you a hint on where to go next..
Last edited by Macros the Black on Jun 25 2009, 1:08, edited 1 time in total.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

jeff

Postby jeff » Jun 25 2009, 1:06

HodgePodge wrote: Hi, I need help finding Svarktel in Jorgsborg. I've searched the entire area but he is missing in action. ;|

He’s next to the Apple’s Thorns and Potions Magic Shop.

HodgePodge wrote:BDJ, I found HodgePodge's home but she must be on vacation. :-D

You need to check your social calendar, as you are busy on Seer business until chapter 7, when you return. :tongue:

Macros the Black wrote:While I appreciate the large wall of text, you're preaching to the choir here. Do note that I only used MM6 as an example. I could have just as easily talked about Oblivion or any other rpg that sports an open game world :)

I meant no offense, I was just pointing out that playing this from a mm6 perspective will not serve you here. Items, quests and the order areas should be traveled have changed. Though the most distant ones are still among the toughest, a matter of geography in that case.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Postby Macros the Black » Jun 25 2009, 1:16

jeff wrote:I meant no offense, I was just pointing out that playing this from a mm6 perspective will not serve you here. Items quests and the order areas should be traveled have changed. Thought the most distant ones are still among the toughest, a matter of geography in that case.

No problem, I just meant to say that usually in open gameworlds I tend to do those quests that are closeby, rather than following them in order of importance or whatever. Combined with not knowing just how tough Warrior difficulty was supposed to be, it resulted in me whiping out Ka'tan before moving on. It was a nice challenge by the way :)
Edit: some further explanation; for all I knew I could have gone to Seleste (I hope I got the name right this time) and got my ass kicked because I neglected to spend some time getting tougher in Kat'an.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

jeff

Postby jeff » Jun 25 2009, 1:28

Macros the Black wrote:No problem, I just meant to say that usually in open gameworlds I tend to do those quests that are closeby, rather than following them in order of importance or whatever. Combined with not knowing just how tough Warrior difficulty was supposed to be, it resulted in me whiping out Ka'tan before moving on. It was a nice challenge by the way :)
Edit: some further explanation; for all I knew I could have gone to Seleste (I hope I got the name right this time) and got my ass kicked because I neglected to spend some time getting tougher in Kat'an.

As in the mm's there are different categories of quests. We did try to limit linearity, but the storyline quests will need to be done in a specific order, but the local quests can be done in any order you like and some require extensive travel and others have a sequence in them, the promotion quests can be done as you chose but they become available a bit later in the game than mm6 and you must help the promoters in most cases before they offer you the chance at promotion.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Postby HodgePodge » Jun 25 2009, 1:45

jeff wrote:
HodgePodge wrote: Hi, I need help finding Svarktel in Jorgsborg. I've searched the entire area but he is missing in action. ;|

I must have missed Apple's Thorns & Potion Magic Shop in the snowstorm. I'll go back & look again.

HodgePodge wrote:BDJ, I found HodgePodge's home but she must be on vacation. :-D

jeff wrote:You need to check your social calendar, as you are busy on Seer business until chapter 7, when you return. :tongue:

Ooooh! I'm such a 'social butterfly'. :-D

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Postby Big Daddy Jim » Jun 25 2009, 2:19

HodgePodge wrote:Hi, I need help finding Svarktel in Jorgsborg. I've searched the entire area but he is missing in action. ;|

BDJ, I found HodgePodge's home but she must be on vacation. :-D

HodgePodge,

HINT (SPOILER??) in white.

When you first enter the Demonclaw, all inhabitants have fled because of the invasion. They will not return until you are declared "Saviors of Demonclaw". Once this happens, leave the area (via underground) and immediately return. Only then will Svarktel (and the others) be found in their home/shops.

Have fun!

BDJ
Last edited by Big Daddy Jim on Jun 25 2009, 2:20, edited 1 time in total.
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Postby HodgePodge » Jun 25 2009, 2:19

HodgePodge wrote:
jeff wrote:

I must have missed Apples, Thorns & Potion Magic Shop in the snowstorm. I'll go back & look again.

The house next to Apples, Thorns & Potions Magic Shop is empty. Do I need to do something first before he appears?

I just read BDJ's hint; but who should I talk?
Last edited by Anonymous on Jun 25 2009, 2:24, edited 1 time in total.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Postby Big Daddy Jim » Jun 25 2009, 2:22

HodgePodge wrote:
HodgePodge wrote:
jeff wrote:

I must have missed Apples, Thorns & Potion Magic Shop in the snowstorm. I'll go back & look again.

The house next to Apples, Thorns & Potions Magic Shop is empty Jeff. Do I need to do something first before he appears?

See my hint post, above.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Postby HodgePodge » Jun 25 2009, 2:57

Big Daddy Jim wrote:
HodgePodge wrote:
jeff wrote:

The house next to Apples, Thorns & Potions Magic Shop is empty Jeff. Do I need to do something first before he appears?

See my hint post, above.

BDJ

Does this quest come later in the game? Or did I miss talking to the person who give this quest?

Variol
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Postby Variol » Jun 25 2009, 10:00

HodgePodge wrote:

In the cage on the Island that, when you click on it, it says Thank you! That was weird.

You should have gotten an NPC when you clicked on the cage. Take him back to the temple in Port Sleigon. Afterwards, you can rehire him as a Healer.

If I did get him, I am not aware of it.

I really think if that actually did happen, that this need to be modified in some way. A window should come up with the character, asking to be returned to that location. I do not have that NPC and I have not been to Port Sleigon.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Postby Big Daddy Jim » Jun 25 2009, 14:24

Variol wrote:
HodgePodge wrote:

If I did get him, I am not aware of it.

I really think if that actually did happen, that this need to be modified in some way. A window should come up with the character, asking to be returned to that location. I do not have that NPC and I have not been to Port Sleigon.

See photo. Notice NPC has joined party.

BDJ

Variol
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Postby Variol » Jun 25 2009, 14:47

That's ok if you don't already have 2 NPC's, which I do. So I did/do not see him.

I think he may be in the Temple in that area, not where otherwise stated.

Please spoil me on Tamara in this area as well. I found her house empty and I;ve looked everywhere else, except the building I need the key for.

jeff

Postby jeff » Jun 25 2009, 15:16

Variol wrote:That's ok if you don't already have 2 NPC's, which I do. So I did/do not see him.

Please spoil me on Tamara in this area as well. I found her house empty and I;ve looked everywhere else, except the building I need the key for.

If you had him he leaves the party after returning to the town and enters the temple. Tamara is really not that hard to find if you carefully read the text. Spoiler in white below. Be careful when doing the local quests as they have you go far and wide, if you do not pay attention you will need spoilers many more times.

Spoiler:

Tamara is found in the cage in the sewer
Last edited by Anonymous on Jun 25 2009, 15:20, edited 1 time in total.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Postby Big Daddy Jim » Jun 25 2009, 15:18

Variol wrote:That's ok if you don't already have 2 NPC's, which I do. So I did/do not see him.

It's just basic game mechanics, Variol. Although you can only **hire** two NPCs, more can join the party if the game code 'adds' them. See photos below.

Note that, where the 'hourglass' is, there is an 'arrow' pointing to the right. This indicates that there are more NPCs in the party. If you click on that arrow, you'll see Tobin.

You need to select Tobin while he is in your party and talk to him. He'll give you a clue as to where Tamara might be.

Good Luck!

BDJ

Variol
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Postby Variol » Jun 25 2009, 15:30

Yeah, I know all that stuff, but if you don't notice the little arrow, and I would have no reason to, I would never know.

If you're referring the (spoiler) in former Free Haven, I guess it will be a while to get there. The coach does not take me and the monsters in former Bootleg Bay are too tough.
Last edited by Variol on Jun 25 2009, 15:33, edited 1 time in total.

SimoFantastic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby SimoFantastic » Jun 25 2009, 15:32

Hi, i'm new here and i must say this mod is brilliant, thanks a million !

But i have run into a little problem regarding the cavern of the rogue in Ka'tar, so i came here and read about this problem, and i decided to go with the "just grab the Hourglass and get the heck out"

But then the problem began, i can't save my game anymore.

Say for example that my saved game inside the Caverns is named "save1"
i can load that save, but when i go outside and try to save there or just anywhere regardless of the name i choose for that save, it always saves as "save1" inside the Caverns.

So i am pretty stuck & really hoping you can help me BDJ.

Greetings from Iceland.

Variol
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Postby Variol » Jun 25 2009, 15:35

I would try to delete that file, while the game is minimized and just go back in and save anew.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Postby Big Daddy Jim » Jun 25 2009, 15:37

SimoFantastic wrote:Hi, i'm new here and i must say this mod is brilliant, thanks a million !

But i have run into a little problem regarding the cavern of the rogue in Ka'tar, so i came here and read about this problem, and i decided to go with the "just grab the Hourglass and get the heck out"

But then the problem began, i can't save my game anymore.

Say for example that my saved game inside the Caverns is named "save1"
i can load that save, but when i go outside and try to save there or just anywhere regardless of the name i choose for that save, it always saves as "save1" inside the Caverns.

So i am pretty stuck & really hoping you can help me BDJ.

Greetings from Iceland.

I'll PM you on this.

BDJ

Return to “Might and Magic”