GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.4 [Sep 17, 2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Moderator: Moderators

Queegon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.2 [March 17, 2019]

Postby Queegon » Mar 21 2019, 7:38

Hello everyone, just made an acount to ask this question. Is there a way to add Unarmed/Dodging to M&M8 and change the Staff GM to work with Unarmed like it was in M&M7?

Right now you can enable Unarmed/Dodging (Troll feels like a prime candidate for GM and would make him comparable to Knight in power level) through MMextension and table editing and you can teach the E/M/GM through the savegame editor.

So, adding Unarmed and Dodging, possibly creating a teacher for it somewhere (E in Dagger Wound Island, M Murmur, GM village of Rust or something) and editing the staff GM. What would I need to do to make this happen? Obviously the Staff GM is what matters the most here.

EDIT: and I posted in MM7 instead of MM8. Oops.
Last edited by Queegon on Mar 21 2019, 7:43, edited 3 times in total.

Cravez
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby Cravez » Mar 21 2019, 10:00

Anubis wrote:@ Cravez

https://i.imgur.com/Na6ZHw3.png

The links in the box with blue edges -- that's the Merge Mod. After installing GrayFace's 2.2 Patch for MM8, you need to install the mod update (links in the box with yellow edges), which is updated from time to time as Rodril continues to patch stuff, so check back periodically. :)

I'm pretty sure that's what Rodril meant.

Thank you!

Novi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby Novi » Mar 29 2019, 16:30

Hey,

thanks for the amazing bug fixes, new features and additions as always.

Just want to report a bug that I'm not sure has been mentioned yet. Unfortunately, I cannot give many details about it as I have no idea when it occurs, but here's one example. https://imgur.com/F2LaDd5

Some teacher notes can get duplicated and I have a feeling that some teachers also do not get noted down at all or disappear.

satanfasza
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby satanfasza » Mar 30 2019, 9:52

Hey,

I have installed the GrayFace patch to the GOG version of MM7 as previously mentioned, but it is not applied to the widescreen version.
So I can now run the game with grayface patched version (mm7.exe) or unpatched but widescreen (MM7-Rel.exe)
Is it possible to play GrayFace patched version on widescreen?

GrayFace
Dragon
Dragon

Postby GrayFace » Apr 7 2019, 9:59

Novi wrote:Some teacher notes can get duplicated and I have a feeling that some teachers also do not get noted down at all or disappear.

I need a save file to fix it.

satanfasza wrote:So I can now run the game with grayface patched version (mm7.exe) or unpatched but widescreen (MM7-Rel.exe)

How does the widescreen version look? Like this?
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Novi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby Novi » Apr 7 2019, 16:26

GrayFace wrote:
Novi wrote:Some teacher notes can get duplicated and I have a feeling that some teachers also do not get noted down at all or disappear.

I need a save file to fix it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1tlq9x1c4buxk ... e.mm7?dl=0

Here's the savefile from which I took the screenshot.

GrayFace
Dragon
Dragon

Re: GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.3 [June 4, 2019]

Postby GrayFace » Jun 4 2019, 14:46

Version 2.3
Here's a screenshot.
<< MM6 - MM8 >>
[+] PaperDollInChests option shows paper doll in chest dialog: value 1 (default) will make it visible when you open inventory of a player, value 2 will make it visible right when you open the chest, value 0 will disable it.
[+] Keyboard control: some dialogs can now be controlled by pressing Up/Down and Enter. E.g. NPC conversations. Only those dialogs that already had everything in place to support it are effected.
[+] Save/load dialogs now react to Enter key.
[+] Newer MP3DEC.ASI version. In theory this might fix some problems with MP3 playback.
[-] My bug: If somehow game window managed to become smaller than 640x480, that wasn't handled gracefully in software 32-bit color mode.
<< MM6, MM7 >>
[-] My bug: Quick load key pressed during the death movie was causing a crash afterwards.
<< MM7, MM8 >>
[+] Widescreen-friendly flexible UI in Hardware 3D mode.
[+] Accurate effects coordinates in Hardware 3D mode.
[+] Accurate coordinates of top part of the outdoor sky in Hardware 3D mode.
[+] In Hardware 3D mode the game was prioritizing interacting with sprites on sides of the view too often.
[-] In Hardware 3D mode bottom of sprites didn't react to clicks indoors when mouse is away from horizontal center of the view.
[-] My bug: "Pixel-perfect mouse targeting in HD mode" wasn't working.
<< MM7 >>
[+] HigherCloseRingsButton option places the 'Close' button that closes rings view next to the magnifying glass, like in MM6. Default is 1 (enabled).
[-] The 'Close' button that closes rings view in inventory screen was misplaced by 1 pixel.
[-] In English version autonote text for Repair item Master was replaced by a duplicate of Merchant Grandmaster.
[-] In English version Identify Item Grandmaster was written as residing in Avlee instead of Tularean Forest. I previously fixed it in Autonotes, but forgot to fix it in NPC text.
[-] My bug: Pressing the quick load key while a character is taking damage was causing a temporary sound glitch.
<< Fixes in maps >>
[-] Bracada Desert (out06): Shops didn't have a teleporter leading to them, instead there were two Temple teleporters.
[-] Castle Gryphonheart (d33): Taken paintings were reappearing upon reentry.
[-] The Haunted Mansion (d37): Taken painting was reappearing on the wall upon reentry.
[-] In the fix for Thunderfist Mountain exits the party was facing in wrong direction upon entering/exiting the dungeon.
Last edited by GrayFace on Jun 4 2019, 15:01, edited 3 times in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Xfing
Raider
Raider

Postby Xfing » Jun 4 2019, 17:17

Whoaaa, a new update! Guess I need to re-download. I also hope your merge-specific updates get incorporated into Rodril's official release.

A bug to report for MM7 though - trying to reanimate a dead lich fails, they stay dead. When you then try to raise them at a dark temple, the portrait becomes the zombie, but the paperdoll stays the lich. After curing the zombification at a good-aligned temple, you actually get reverted to the pre-lich sprite!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ulqH29KKFgiZBKyxEMUSN2xDEjpZXGcQ/view?usp=sharing

Sounds like some programming screw-up with undead flags preventing proper zombification with the spell, but being overridden at a temple or something.
Last edited by Xfing on Jun 4 2019, 17:17, edited 1 time in total.

GrayFace
Dragon
Dragon

Postby GrayFace » Jun 4 2019, 18:32

I've fixed a bug in the installer and reuploaded with the same links. If you need to install it over some mod, re-download (instead of being installed always, new UI was dependent on "Install LOD archives with fixes for particular maps and game progression")

Xfing, that's a funny one :)
Last edited by GrayFace on Jun 4 2019, 18:33, edited 2 times in total.

Dragonfly
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby Dragonfly » Jun 6 2019, 13:57

Hey! Great work!!! Love the way it looks!!!
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Anubis
Conscript
Conscript

Postby Anubis » Jun 7 2019, 19:58

The "of Spirit Magic" effect on the relic, Glory Shield, does not work.

The "-30 Earth Resistance" on the relic, Kelebrim, does not work.
Last edited by Anubis on Jun 7 2019, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.

GrayFace
Dragon
Dragon

Postby GrayFace » Jun 9 2019, 17:04

Thanks. Together with the already fixed ones that's an impressive number of artifacts that NWC forgot to implement in MM7.
Last edited by GrayFace on Jun 9 2019, 17:06, edited 2 times in total.

GrayFace
Dragon
Dragon

Re: GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.3.1 [June 10, 2019]

Postby GrayFace » Jun 10 2019, 0:20

Version 2.3.1
<< MM7, MM8 >>
[-] My bug: ScalingParam1 and ScalingParam2 options were ignored in flexible UI mode.

Xfing
Raider
Raider

Postby Xfing » Jun 12 2019, 5:57

GrayFace wrote:Thanks. Together with the already fixed ones that's an impressive number of artifacts that NWC forgot to implement in MM7.

Yeah - now that you think about it, a staggering number of those simply doesn't work! MM8 was way more reliable when it comes to this, lol

Speaking of which - kind of frightening that all these fixes will need to be done in the merge separately.

GrayFace
Dragon
Dragon

Postby GrayFace » Jun 12 2019, 10:03

Xfing wrote:Speaking of which - kind of frightening that all these fixes will need to be done in the merge separately.

Not at all! It's all re-implemented in the merge.

Aetheron
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby Aetheron » Jun 15 2019, 17:37

Hello! I'm hoping everyone can help me with a mouselook issue I am having. Middle Mouse button no longer seems to activate "MouseLookChangeKey." I'm running MM6 with GrayFace's 2.3.1 patch in Win10 Pro x64 and with a Logitech G602 mouse. The pertinent part of my MM6.ini reads as follows:

MouseLook=1
MouseSensitivityX=50
MouseSensitivityY=-50
MouseSensitivityAltModeX=90
MouseSensitivityAltModeY=-90
MouseLookChangeKey=121
MouseLookTempKey=0
CapsLockToggleMouseLook=1
MouseLookUseAltMode=0
AlwaysStrafe=1
MouseLookFly=1
MouseWheelFly=1
AutorunKey=114
NoIntro=0
MouseLookWhileRightClick=1

Has the key number for Middle Mouse Button changed? Is there something else I should check?

Thank you very much!

GrayFace
Dragon
Dragon

Postby GrayFace » Jun 15 2019, 18:45

Aetheron wrote:MouseLookChangeKey=121

MouseLookChangeKey=4
(or you can simply remove the line to revert it to default of 4)
Last edited by GrayFace on Jun 15 2019, 18:46, edited 2 times in total.

Anubis
Conscript
Conscript

Postby Anubis » Jun 19 2019, 3:28

GrayFace, did GM Axe ever get fixed? I was told in the Might & Magic Discord that it might be. Reason I'm asking is because I want to roll a solo ranger w/ GM Axe for my next MM7 Playthrough.

GrayFace
Dragon
Dragon

Postby GrayFace » Jun 19 2019, 18:00

No, it wasn't.
[edit] Good news, I'm fixing it for the next version.
Last edited by GrayFace on Jun 19 2019, 18:39, edited 1 time in total.

Dragonfly
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby Dragonfly » Jun 20 2019, 5:31

Anubis wrote:GrayFace, did GM Axe ever get fixed? I was told in the Might & Magic Discord that it might be. Reason I'm asking is because I want to roll a solo ranger w/ GM Axe for my next MM7 Playthrough.

What is the Might & Magic Discord?
Thanks

Return to “Might and Magic”